PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why does the VE table change by itself?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Why does the VE table change by itself?

Second time now this happened in the last couple days. I am trying to get my car dialed in (2 bar SD HP Tuners) and after I make a change I save it, see that it saves, and then reflash. I went to open the file this morning and seen that the entire VE table has one number on it, 68. Grrrr. WTf?
And then I did this saturday, reread the entire thing to see what the file was.... and it was the same.

Anyone else experience this? Im uninstalling it and reinstalling it tonight, not sure if its a program error... I know I saved it and seen it was still ok before I reflashed. Just after it was shutdown and restarted the laptop showed different. And the car reflects it.

Nothing like starting from scratch every 2 days... this is fun and the neighbors are going to be pissed.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First I've ever heard of it, are you able to post the starting file and a step by step so we can try and recreate it? Have you contacted support so I'm not doing duplicate testing?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I"m having some issues with the software to, occasionally it will flatline out a table on me (bad when doing maf tuning) go to do a pull and see it start to lean, let off, read tune and it will flatline out whatever I had adjusted previously.

this has happened to me at least 5-6 times over the last few months
Old 05-14-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

I did post on the HPTuners forum also. I dont have access to it till later tonight when i get home. Its the older serial interface. I have a couple of them for different vehicles, I uninstall and reinstall all the time switching back and fourth. When i did this saturday I seen the VE table in a huge part of it just change to one number by just mousing over it... I was confused so I erased the whole file, reread my PCM and was going to go off of that. When I opened it.... it to had the table all one number in that area.??

Last night I worked on it. Did some test runs, changed a couple numbers in the table, reflashed it and then drove it out to dinner. It was really close, but right at 2000rpms it broke up a little. I was going to add a couple to those squares this morning and drive it to work. When I opened up the file the entire table read 68. I havnt reread the car but if its like saturday the entire table in my car now should read 68.

And ever since it did that saturday i've made it a point to save after each change I make before doing anything else. I saved (cntrl s) and watched it save, it was still fine. So why its different now.....?

I have a copy of the first read I did before I turned my fuel pressure down so its in the ball park and not a huge deal, thats the only thing I changed and im just finessing it, or so I thought..... just rather bizarre.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Serial interfaces can only use the last stable software 2.22 so I doubt its a software issue of some sort.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by foff667
Serial interfaces can only use the last stable software 2.22 so I doubt its a software issue of some sort.
I doubt it is too... it would be nice to know what causes it though.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

antivirus software possibly, thats about the only thing I can think of that might be able to alter files without you knowing it(other than an actual virus of course).