PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning for 42lb SVO injectors - Can someone confirm these values?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Tuning for 42lb SVO injectors - Can someone confirm these values?

I'm trying to tune my car and am having some problems. Can someone confirm that these values are correct? Is it necessary to make changes to all these tables? This is the second source for these values so I'm inclined to believe they are correct. Thanks

http://www.trafficjams.ca/Performanc...torDetails.htm
Old 06-01-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

The Flow vs KPA is the 'must do' change. The other tables are fine adjustments to keep things accurate.

Is the car running odd, or are you confused as to what values go where?
Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Those are the right values for the KPA table, but keep in mind they are in grams/sec. If your tuner is in lb/hr you are going get some interesting running if you can get the car to start.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you very much. I thought I did but I doubled checked and confirmed that they were entered correctly. I remember you had a post a long time ago on how to make a big cam idle. I installed a LG G5X3 cam and it would idle under 2,000 rpm. It was a big help. Now I have 427 that was professionally tuned. I installed a LC-1 sensor and it showed I was having some issues. Very lean on idle and very rich at WOT. I did change to a 4" mufflex exhaust but the tune just multiplied a few factors to the first 3 rows of the VE table (to 1,600) and then forced the tune to come from the MAF table from 2,000rpm on up. The VE table from 2,000 on up was stock. (I'm just talking about the air flow part of the tune) The performance seems to vary way more than it should. Plus the car is not very fun to drive due to the drivability issues. Right now I would just like to get the the VE and MAF fixed. I have EFI live.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

A lot of what I posted (almost 10 year ago now) is out of date, no longer applicable, or just plain wrong.

It was good for what we had at the time, but now we've got pro companies (like HP tuners) digging into the code and sharing their findings.

It depends on the size of your cam, but beyond a certain size/overlap they don't report the a/f ratio fantastically well. Sometimes it is more of a guessing game and playing with ignition to get it to idle well rather than watching the wideband.

As far as the rest of the driveability, if you have an LC-1 on the car, I would start by disabling the MAF and doing a VE tune (lots of how-to on the forum for this). Once done, you should be able to re-enable the MAF.

When you say "the performance varies" do you mean the a/f and timing or the actual HP of the car is moving around? If so, you may have other issues.

A bad VE will make a car drive like poop. Hopefully this helps.

Quick Reply: Tuning for 42lb SVO injectors - Can someone confirm these values?