Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sanity Check Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanity Check Please

I bought the car with the supercharger already installed, cleaned up a bunch of little problems and had it dynotuned. Recently I swapped out the previous owner's narrowband AFR and mechanical vac/boost gauges. I went with Auto Meter 5978 for AFR which included a Bosch LSU 4.2 O2. I have that installed in place of my OE passenger side rear O2.

The intake manifold has been swapped from LS1 to LS6 since the dynotune. During the dyno pulls AFR was measured between approximately 11 and 12.32 max.

Today with the new gauge installed I'm reading mid 14's at WOT street runs hitting 6k RPM and 6psi of boost.

I didn't expect the intake manifold swap to cause this big of a change, but since the gauge installation is brand new I don't have a great baseline. Any thoughts based on the tune, sensor location, gauge, etc?
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Read from Car May 23-2011.hpt (441.2 KB, 84 views)
Old 07-13-2012, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might recal the sensor one more time before making any adjustments. Also if it has a missfiring cylinder under WOT the unburnt O2 will make the sensor report leaner then it really is. You might have a cylinder dropping out at WOT. I have not looked at your log but I will download it and see if I notice anything.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry it is a tune file not a log. Do you have any logs and the configuration file you used to take the log?
Old 07-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Staging Lane

I'll make one today - thanks for the help!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also I dont know why but I can not read it. Can you read entire the tuine from the car and post it too?
Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Not sure why it wouldn't read. That's what I opened and sent to the car just recently (after deactivating some DTC codes related to rear O2's). I didn't get a chance to do a good scan yet because of weather yesterday, but I think I'm on to the problem. I'm thinking the location of the rear O2 bung, being behind the cat, is my problem. I'm going to put a bung ahead of the cat and move the wide band there Wednesday.