PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks for having a look salemetro. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge, I'll have to pick one up today and check it out. Like i said I changed out my fuel filter Sunday, and I'm hoping to get a new log later today to see if that helped out any.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Missed one part sorry, the car hasn't run well since I installed the headers, with the tune coming 2 days later. I never really got to drive it before the tune so I'm not sure if the issue is with the header install or the tune. I'm not sure about the knock retard, could it be caused from the exhaust hitting the floor of the car?? Might have been a stupid question, I'm not really familiar with any of this, just want my car working right again lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackhawk8
Missed one part sorry, the car hasn't run well since I installed the headers, with the tune coming 2 days later. I never really got to drive it before the tune so I'm not sure if the issue is with the header install or the tune. I'm not sure about the knock retard, could it be caused from the exhaust hitting the floor of the car?? Might have been a stupid question, I'm not really familiar with any of this, just want my car working right again lol.
The knock appears to be a direct result of going lean along with the increased load....nothing to do with the exhaust hitting the car.

By you mentioning that the car has not run well even since BEFORE the tune, makes me think that your tuner should have mentioned something to you. If the car was going lean on the dyno (maybe it was, maybe it was not), you'd think the tuner would have mentioned having "issues" with the car. Obviously, the car (according to your log file, and assuming that your WB is configured correctly in HPT) is going lean. The question now....is why?

Check fuel pressure, and go from there.... If fuel pressure is good at all times, then it's time to start looking at the VE and MAF calibration.....in which case, a call to your tuner is in order. I'm not seeing anything that is throwing any red flags in the tune (but I'm no expert either)....maybe someone else will chime in here.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Teching In

I'll check the fuel pressure today, and I'll get another log if you wanted to take a look at it. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Sorry. I evidently mis-read that. That's lean, but I've seen that before. Some try to make the biggest dyno numbers, instead of what goes down the track quickest. Seldom the same.
No worries, lol, yesterday was one of my good days (comprehension-wise);

unfortunately, many people are more impressed by large dyno numbers rather than ET/TS, some tuners take advantage and of this (when they should know better and should be educating their customers).
Old 08-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Hooked up the fuel pressure gauge, reads right at 55 while driving and drops to about 52 and stays there when I get on the gas. Is that normal?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

58-ish is stock pressure. I'm wondering if your pressure is dropping more when the pump has been running a while? I've never bothered to log my NA car's pressure, so I'm not sure what kind of fluctuation would be considered "normal". Maybe others will chime in here...
Old 08-09-2012, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by salemetro
58-ish is stock pressure. I'm wondering if your pressure is dropping more when the pump has been running a while? I've never bothered to log my NA car's pressure, so I'm not sure what kind of fluctuation would be considered "normal". Maybe others will chime in here...

Anyone?