PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 won't start after Battery replaced reset vats to off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 won't start after Battery replaced reset vats to off?

LS2 in a miata. Was working fine but each time I unhook the battery and hook it back up it doesn't want to keep running. It will start then die. Is it possible the VATS goes back to default when the battery is taken out and you have to reset it to off?

The car starts for 1 second like normal just will not stay running. I am about to go on a 4000mile drive and will have to cancel my vacation if I can figure this out quickly.

I can rev it in that first second fine as well. Fuel pump triggers....no DTC codes. The last time this happened I cleared 1629 on HP tuners and it solved it. I didn't have my computer and the car is now an hour away. I am hoping someone out here will say yes if you kill/loose or replace the battery you need to reset vats if it is a transmplanted engine. If not I am at a loss to getting it running as it was working perfectly until the battery swap. Also note I tried the origional batter as well with booster cables and it also would not let it keep running so its not the battery. For some reason the computer doesn't like nor not getting something.

Again car first right up then just dies. HELP please really want to salvage my vacation and solve this one. Much appreciated.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Restricted User

Is the MAF connected? I've seen some cars not start with the maf unplugged after either reflashing or disconnecting the battery....
Old 07-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Teching In

Yes maf is connected. Never took it out.

Quick Reply: LS2 won't start after Battery replaced reset vats to off?