PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

using truck computer in ls swap???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default using truck computer in ls swap???

I'm doing an ls6 swap into my lt1 TA. The computer that I got with my harness, turned to be bad, and I cannot find a computer for a car locally. I have researched that 1999-2000 truck computers are the same part numbers as fbody ones, but have been told sometimes they have problem reflashing them and getting them to work in the fbody. Do I need to have any concerns? Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any blue/red connector non 97-98 PCM should work.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a pcm in my car that was originally in a truck. it works fine but it took a while to get it married to my vin, and it burned several hpt credits.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 383lt1ta
I'm doing an ls6 swap into my lt1 TA. The computer that I got with my harness, turned to be bad, and I cannot find a computer for a car locally. I have researched that 1999-2000 truck computers are the same part numbers as fbody ones, but have been told sometimes they have problem reflashing them and getting them to work in the fbody. Do I need to have any concerns? Thanks
They are basically the same. I have flashed several of them from F-Body to truck and viceversa without issues.

That PCM is the most forgiving, it's difficult to damage it if you are careful.

Even the truck's OS can work with a car swap, you just need a little more tuning work.

Find the best OS for your application and flash it over, you'll be ok
Old 08-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help. Got a red/blue out a truck and got the tune put in it. Now little more work to the fuel system and I'll be ready.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
They are basically the same. I have flashed several of them from F-Body to truck and viceversa without issues.

That PCM is the most forgiving, it's difficult to damage it if you are careful.

Even the truck's OS can work with a car swap, you just need a little more tuning work.

Find the best OS for your application and flash it over, you'll be ok

Just wondering, but could the truck OS be used along with some kind of toggle switch to flip back & fourth between Tow/Haul mode for some kind of an on the fly street / strip mode?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1fastkingcab
Just wondering, but could the truck OS be used along with some kind of toggle switch to flip back & fourth between Tow/Haul mode for some kind of an on the fly street / strip mode?
No, sorry only one per customer The pcm only holds the latest update to the pcm.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fastkingcab
Yes, it's possible but you need the BCM to hook the toggle switch. There is no PCM input to activate a tow/haul mode, it need to be acivated using Class 2 comms. The BCM sends the signal when the proper pin is grounded

Quick Reply: using truck computer in ls swap???