PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOLVED: MAF with no 12V, throwing code, have power at fuse, question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc
Lol. You guys are mean. So mean. Still funny though.
Hey we try.... well, not THAT hard... lol
Old 11-14-2019, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tin whiskers on fuse causing my 12v source failure

Originally Posted by mk3cn4
I've done a ton of reading and have all the wiring diagrams, but have a question.

Getting a MAF CEL code, checked MAF with ignition ON and I get the 5v fine testing to middle ground pin to the yellow wire, but not when I test middle ground pin to the 12V on the pink wire. So MAF has no power apparently.

The underhood IGN fuse is good and it has a good solid 12V on it, just no 12V coming out of the harness on the MAF.

According to the wiring diagrams I am seeing (see attached), this is just a straight wire from the MAF to the bottom of the underhood fusebox, right? So this means that wire is open somewhere between in the middle of the harness somewhere? Here's the portion of the diagram where I put a red line showing the wire.

The harness looks real intimidating, am considering just running a fresh wire from that fuse around and back to the MAF 12V power pin, is that a stupid idea?

The previous owner has cut off the rear O2 wire harnesses, it didn't pass through there in some way, did it?

What would you do if you were me, average Joe with limited resources?

Interesting note, the car runs just fine, I assume it fell back to MAP mode I have been reading about.

EDIT: is there a junction box along the way in this path I can check this voltage at? Pics of harnesses I am seeing don't seem to show any junction I can test at.

Thanks.
I’m not really sure if it was the tin whiskers problem but either way the tin plate only auto fuse was peeling off from the fuse prong legs there for the 12 V was not getting through white otherwise look like a good fuse
Old 11-14-2019, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

"Tin whiskers"???
Old 11-14-2019, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tin wiskers are a huge problem and getting worse

Plating tin without pb is why....

Quick Reply: SOLVED: MAF with no 12V, throwing code, have power at fuse, question.