Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Fan Not Working E67

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Fan Not Working E67

Looking for some help on my electric fan setup. Using an E67 ecm. I had the wiring harness made for me(2005 Colorado, LY6 engine). The harness has a built in relay for controlling the electric fan that triggers through the ecm. I'm using efi live for calibration. If I take the relay out and feed battery voltage to the power side of the relay the fan will turn on so I know my connector works and the fan has good ground. If I check voltage with key on I have power on the battery side of the relay and on the trigger side of the relay. The relay is supposed to be controlled through Pin 85 which has continuity to J3 Pin 49. If I feed Pin 85 battery ground with the relay plugged in, the fan turns on, so I know the relay is good.

In the calibration I have tried it with and without the fan path. The lowest value(168F or 192F?) I have set to 50% and all values above that to 100%. Fan type is set to discrete. With the A/C table I've tried stock values and all of the values set to 100%.

Any thoughts what the issue might be?
Old 11-15-2019, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The ecm puts out a ground signal to trigger the relay. Can you control the fan with the bi-directional controls in the scanner?
Old 11-15-2019, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
The ecm puts out a ground signal to trigger the relay. Can you control the fan with the bi-directional controls in the scanner?
Right. Haven't tried controlling it with a scan tool yet, but I am planning on it. That way I can rule out that pin and wire. I believe you can control the fan via the Efi Live Scan Tool?

Quick Reply: Electric Fan Not Working E67