PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

No STFTs Disable? 98

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012 | 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Default No STFTs Disable? 98

Im working on tuning my VE table on my 98 Camaro. It appears I do not have a way to disable STFTs? is this correct? I can disable the LTFTs but will that ensure Im not chasing a moving target? Also, do I just tune the Primary? Or do I need to do something for the secondary? Vague questions perhaps, but Id appreciate any input.

I have followed the LS1tuningguide best I can however a big hangup for me was not finding the STFT disable. Help please?
Old 10-15-2012 | 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can either set your closed loop enable temp to max in the tune or disable closed loop in the scanner and then clear the trims with the scanner controls before starting a log. Some OS default to the secondary table when the maf is failed so just make sure on your histogram what table is being referenced. The sec table cells should match the corresponding cells in the primary table. Use copy with labels and paste to transfer them over.
Old 10-15-2012 | 06:48 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Are you using EFI Live or HP Tuners? In EFI Live its parameters {B4108} and {B4111}, but yes you should set close loop temp enable to max (140*C). And you should perform the same histogram function for the backup VE table that you performed on the main VE table.
Old 10-15-2012 | 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry guys HP Tuners.... and I do have the enable temp maxed, I just wasnt sure if that would take care of the STFTs and LTFTs both at the same time.

So that was my next question, how do I ensure what table the histogram is logging? And from the ls1tuningguide

"If you have an operating system (OS) that has a secondary VE table, copy the even rows from the primary table over to the secondary table. During SD mode, the computer uses the secondary VE table for fueling data"

Does that mean literally copy evenly numbered rows from the primary into the secondary?... The secondary differences fall in the odd numbered rows?

Still learning the whys and hows of Primary and Secondary VE's....
Old 10-16-2012 | 06:50 AM
10 Second Club

98 cars have a backup VE table that is used in the event of a MAF failure. You could copy the columns of the corresponding MAP pressure into the backup table from the histogram of the main VE.
Old 10-17-2012 | 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Would this explain why after logging data and pasting special % half, I see no tangible changes to the next log?? It makes no sense, I change the Primary table, and the next log minutes later is virtually unchanged. I guess its running off the secondary? Should I be correcting and tuning the secondary and then transferring that to the primary table when finished? I must be making it harder than it has to be...
Old 10-17-2012 | 06:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Would this explain why after logging data and pasting special % half, I see no tangible changes to the next log?? It makes no sense, I change the Primary table, and the next log minutes later is virtually unchanged. I guess its running off the secondary? Should I be correcting and tuning the secondary and then transferring that to the primary table when finished? I must be making it harder than it has to be...
Exactly. 97/98 cars only look at the backup VE table when in OLSD. Like I said early, if you start with a primary and backup VE table that both match each other, and log doing histograms of each, then you'll likely see that the same changes will need to be applied to the same MAP columns. Either way, you must make the changes to the backup VE table in order for there to be an impact when you go back out to do the next round of logging.
Old 10-17-2012 | 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Correct the primary table with the histogram data then copy with labels and paste it into the secondary

Quick Reply: No STFTs Disable? 98