Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAM Idle, lS2 TB & 160 Thermo Noob Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAM Idle, lS2 TB & 160 Thermo Noob Question

CompleteTuning Noob in need of some guidance!

My setup is a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V LS6 w/ Texas Speed PRC 2.5 LS6 heads with Torquer V3 Cam (111 LSA, 231/234 .643/598) 42# injectors, ported LS6 intake with the electronic LS2 ported Throttle Body, pacesetter headers, no cats, magnaflow cat back, Volant CAI.

The car was professionally Dyno tuned by Wong’s Performance but my LS6 throttle body died promptly afterwards and I replaced it with the LS2 TB. When the car was tuned on the Dyno, the LS6 TB had a hole drilled in the blade, the new LS2 TB does not have the hole and as a result the car will not idle anymore. I have HP Tuners suite with wideband and while I’m reading as many books as I can get my hands on at the moment, I’m still really lost as to where I need to start.

There are three functions I wish to accomplish so that I can get the car running long enough to utilize the data logging, scanning and wideband functions of HP tuners and further my education.

1. I added a 160 degree thermostat, is the only thing I need to tune for on
this is?
a. Fan 1 – On 184F ~ Off 175F
b. Fan 2 – On 194F ~ Off 185F

2. Compensate for the LS2 Throttle Body on my LS6 by changing ETC
scaler to 0.0191

3. Idle for Cam: Every thread I can find says to change the set screw of the Throttle Body to allow more air for the CAM, but there is no set screw on the electronic throttle body correct? So what tables or
parameters do I need to change to get it open enough that it won’t immediately die when I start the car so I can get some readings on A/F ratio, etc?

Any advice, feedback or noob bashing welcome!

Thanks Fella’s!

Quick Reply: CAM Idle, lS2 TB & 160 Thermo Noob Question