PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who got a Frost Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this^^^^^^^^^and nicely stated . if your mailing your pcm to some one else to tune chances are you are not going to comprehend/care about all of the changes. if you care if your getting yours back then write your name on it with a sharpie.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I posted this a while ago, but to further clarify, I wasn't asking for a technical sheet. As some stated, a lot of people wouldn't under stand it anyways, but that doesnt meant it shouldn't be provided. I wanted just some sort of documentation that shows what you asked for was done. This could as simple as a copy of the request form with a check marks on it etc...showing that he did tune that PCM to that spec sheet. Hell write that PCM # on the spec sheet. Just something!!! is better than NOTHING.

As mentioned earlier by another tuner, the amount of tunes you claim you do in a day, I can see it very easily sending the wrong PCM back. Is this about Quality or Quantity?

I don't like the idea that my PCM was thrown in a box with NOTHING, but a thank you note a TPS reset instructions.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
I know I posted this a while ago, but to further clarify, I wasn't asking for a technical sheet. As some stated, a lot of people wouldn't under stand it anyways, but that doesnt meant it shouldn't be provided. I wanted just some sort of documentation that shows what you asked for was done. This could as simple as a copy of the request form with a check marks on it etc...showing that he did tune that PCM to that spec sheet. Hell write that PCM # on the spec sheet. Just something!!! is better than NOTHING.

As mentioned earlier by another tuner, the amount of tunes you claim you do in a day, I can see it very easily sending the wrong PCM back. Is this about Quality or Quantity?

I don't like the idea that my PCM was thrown in a box with NOTHING, but a thank you note a TPS reset instructions.

Well to explain procedure better, It is about both quality and quantity. It isn't like every single box gets opened up all at once, and everything is just piled into one big mess. When a box comes in, it isn't opened until we would get to that one in order. So, from start to finish, that one computer is the only thing on the bench and the only one opened. After completion, then it is put back in its original box and put in the shipper table. Then, at the shipper table, it is reboxed into a new box with the shipping label and then sealed before the next one even comes to the table. With Vehicle anti theft, and airbag modules, you would know RIGHT AWAY if you have the wrong computer. It would give you the telltale right on your Dash as it would light up the airbag light, and possibly the car would not even start.

Same procedure goes for the email orders for those $163 ecms we sell. The order pops up in order, I make each one, one at a time, until done, then move to the next.. There is 0 chance of a mismatch.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said^

Quick Reply: Who got a Frost Tune?