Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 formula TSP224/228 surges in park

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 formula TSP224/228 surges in park

Tuned today by well known tuner to get dialed and fix surging and dieing at idle. Messed with it for a very long time and will not stay consistant and behave itself. Levels out when in gear and stays farily solid, then in park will kinda stay smooth with a little movement and at times surge up and down and die. Sometimes will surge in park and hold.

The tables look good when it runs. No alarm for a vacuum leak, it is just the idle issue. I know people have had issues with this. We even changed out the new throttle body from the LS6 take off I had and put my orig TB and sensors on the car and no real change. I am stumped and want this to correct it ran perfect before the cam and intake change.

TSP 224.228 112 cam
new take off(never fired) LS6 intake, injectors, rails and TB then put my original TB and sensors back on to see if fixed no it did not.

We ran it in open loop mode to ignore the O2s. After some more discussion we believe it may have a slight vacuum leak from one of the intake port gaskets. Maybe on shifted when I wiggled the manifold in under the cowl. Drove it today and it stayed pretty solid then would die another time. We are talking about running a smoke maching on it, but the time for me to go back to him for a test it would be easier for me to pull the intake and make 100% sure no gaskets are shifted first. With it so inconsistant it has to be mechanical so to speak.

Any help will be appreciated

Last edited by gto65lvr; 12-23-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

After some more discussion we believe it may have a slight vacuum leak from one of the intake port gaskets. Maybe on shifted when I wiggled the manifold in under the cowl. Drove it today and it stayed pretty solid then would die another time. We are talking about running a smoke maching on it, but the time for me to go back to him for a test it would be easier for me to pull the intake and make 100% sure no gaskets are shifted first. With it so inconsistant it has to be mechanical so to speak

Last edited by gto65lvr; 12-23-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

found that I squished the plastic vacuum line in the back with the intake. Now it runs much more civilized, but needs to have all the compensation undone to get it to idle better. Car is smoother and not so obnoxious, but still seems funny. Hopefully it just needs to be re adjusted for the lack of a vacuum leak now.....

Quick Reply: 98 formula TSP224/228 surges in park