PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No com with Tcm or PCM with tech 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No com with Tcm or PCM with tech 2

Long story short I dropped an 06 ls2 and 4l70e in my 2000 s10. Truck ran fine for two weeks before trans pump assembly blew and ruined 3/4 clutches. Now after rebuild I only have 2/3 gears but shifts soft and reverse is soft as well. Went back to trans shop and hooked up tech 2 to see what the problem is. Tech 2 can't communicate with PCM or Tcm. But my lap top with hptuners gets in no problem. Guess what I'm askin for is if anyone has had this issue with a swap and may have any suggestions or something for me to check out to make sure my wiring is all correct. My truck is just sitting right now. Would like to get it up and running. Thank you for your help guys
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did you pull codes with hptuners?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When they setup the scanner did they enter the s10 vin or what is actually in the pcm?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 PM

no trans codes currently appear except for stupid stuff that i dont have hooked up like the a/c system, heater o2 codes (deleted cats, not yet removed from hptuners dtc list) and engine speed out put. but th trans shop wont work on it till they can scan and see how the sensors are working together especially the maf correlation to line pressure. im just wondering why i can scan and he cant. and no the hptuners tuner lock is disabled so thats not blocking him from getting in. (which i thought it was once)
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM

i have two dtc setups. the s10 is in stock location and the tbss e40 is under hood. he was hooked up to the ls2 dlc and asked for the vin which i gave him. he did say that the vin i gave him was wrong, he wanted the 8th digit which is h on my truck(ss)he said only option was n.) maybe this is why but when i plug in my laptop with hptuners it reads the vin perfectly. everything from motor, trans, wiring harneses, tcm, ecm and fuse box all came from the ss. i did cut out the bcm and vats. deleted the vats with hptuners and ran just perfectly.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06ls10
i have two dtc setups. the s10 is in stock location and the tbss e40 is under hood. he was hooked up to the ls2 dlc and asked for the vin which i gave him. he did say that the vin i gave him was wrong, he wanted the 8th digit which is h on my truck(ss)he said only option was n.) maybe this is why but when i plug in my laptop with hptuners it reads the vin perfectly. everything from motor, trans, wiring harneses, tcm, ecm and fuse box all came from the ss. i did cut out the bcm and vats. deleted the vats with hptuners and ran just perfectly.
i think the Tech 2 talks to the BCM and since it sees no BCM it might be flipping out
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is that your car is VPW OBD2 and the computers in your swap are Can Based. So he needs to look up the SS trailblazer 2006 for the vehicle type not a 2000 s10. THEN it will see what it has to see. When you pick the 2000 then it wont see anything Can based.

You MIGHT have to unplug the vpw "2000" computer while it is checking things, it just depends on how much it is talking on the bus.

Quick Reply: No com with Tcm or PCM with tech 2