Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

off idle reponse falls on face

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default off idle reponse falls on face

New to the tuning game and have HP Tuners, w/o wideband. Car below, only diiference is no crossover, headers with 2 feet of pipe and mufflers.

Throttle repsonse when cold is decent up to maybe 140 ECT then it starts to go down hill, in gear and park. Going to attach my mail order tune, from don't remember who and a copy of some scans, one on initail startup and the warm up was at 180ish ECT. Wondering why my timing is all over the place when most everything else is smooth, and seems Bank 1 Sensor is barely doing anything. Also no codes, did throw a crank position sensor code since I had the PCM/BAt disconnected for a while but did a case relearn.

Also, running a descreeend MAF and seperate IAT.

Any input/advice/guidance/pointing in the right direction?
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
scan startup cold 1 29.hpl (19.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: hpl
scan warm idle 1 29.hpl (12.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: hpt
728initial.hpt (460.4 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by ssduane; 01-29-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not an expert by any means, but I would track down your issue's with the O2 sensor's. They are both dead, causing 25+ LTFT's at idle...or it could be that you have no exhaust. I would start by disabling closed loop, either by means of using the VCM Scanner to force open loop and reset fuel trims (using the VCM controls), or in the tuning by disabling the LTFT's and setting the "ECT vs. IAT closed loop enable" values to maximum (256?) and see what you have. Either way, force open loop and reset the fuel trims.

You can run without the O2 sensors if you tune the MAF and VE with a wideband, it will just run open loop.

Your "PE" (power enrichment) tables are inverted commanding 11.98 AFR from 0 through 1600 RPM and 12.5 AFR throughout the rest.

Not a lot of help here, but should get you started.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMM
I would start by disabling closed loop, either by means of using the VCM Scanner to force open loop and reset fuel trims (using the VCM controls), or in the tuning by disabling the LTFT's and setting the "ECT vs. IAT closed loop enable" values to maximum (256?) and see what you have. Either way, force open loop and reset the fuel trims.

Your "PE" (power enrichment) tables are inverted commanding 11.98 AFR from 0 through 1600 RPM and 12.5 AFR throughout the rest.
I was playing with the scanner and forced open loop and reset the triims and it did respond better.

Also looked at the PE after you posted and see what your talking about, will compare it to some other tunes and see what I can do.

Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: off idle reponse falls on face