Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99+ pcm swap tachometer issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99+ pcm swap tachometer issue

I hope this is the right place for this.

I have a 99+ LS1 PCM and engine harness in my 98 body with 98 body harness.

I have almost all of the guages working except the tachometer. I know the tach has a feed on #10 coming out of the PCM and on one of the shock tower plugs for the traction control. If I tap into either one of these wires and run a new wire to my dash harness will this give the appropriate signal to run the tachometer on a 98 dash? Ive read on here where people run their aftermarket tachs off of these wires but wanted some more information before I go splicing and running wires aimlessly.
THANKS
Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Well, after piecing together info from various off topic threads I figured it out and got my 98 dash tachometer working with my 99 pcm and engine harness. I added a wire into pin G on C105 (I wont have traction control) and ran that wire in through the firewall and plugged it into pin D C230 on the 98 Dash harness. And now the tachometer works!

The G C105 would be a great spot for those of you wanting to run aftermarket tachometers to tap into the harness especially if you dont have traction control or deleted it. it is much easier to access and wire tuck the new wire than the wire going into the PCM or other spots on the engine harness.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you have traction control before? I ask because I don't have traction control and my tach doesn't work after the swap, nor my shift light since they are off of the same source I'm assuming. However, my rpm signal is able to be logged.

Also, I'm not sure which plug your speaking of when referring to C105.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

The C105 plug is located on the passenger side wheel well. There is 8 pins that come from it. Tach signal is pin G a white wire.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks ill give it a shot and hope for the best

Quick Reply: 99+ pcm swap tachometer issue