PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner cats fried another pcm... Any ideas whats going on?!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner cats fried another pcm... Any ideas whats going on?!!

Went to re tune my car (95 Z with a 383 lt4) the other day. started loading the new tune through tunercats got to 100% verified the tune and then said "operation complete" as soon as "operation complete" popped up boom check engine light flashing fast and dim, and the fan kicked on high.

Got another computer and plugged it in, started the car to make sure the pcm was good, car ran but crappy because it was a stock tune. Shut it off, hooked my computer up read the tune off of the replacement pcm which went fine..

Again went to load new tune and same exact thing happened... 100% complete "operation complete" Fans click to on high and check engine light flashing fast, car starts and runs for 3-5 seconds and then dies...

can't comunicate with either computer now.

Ive tuned with this same exact set up hundreds of times and never had a problem. Its like when tunercats is pulling out of the PCM it screws something up. I haven't tuned this car in a while so idk if Tunercats in my computer went corrupt or what but im pissed that i have two dead computers now that need to be fixed and a dead car that i would like to drive.

Any ideas anyone???

Thanks in adavnce
Old 04-28-2013, 03:02 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tunercat didn't fry it. You programmed it with a corrupt file (or "tune"). Program another PCM with that file and you will kill another PCM. Don't try to put that one in another PCM!

Quick Reply: Tuner cats fried another pcm... Any ideas whats going on?!!