Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 floods itself

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry lq4 floods itself

So i have been having this issue and its driving me nuts. If i just shut it off for a few minutes or if its been off for awhile like if im at work all day it fires up fine. I dont know for sure if its time related but when it happens it seems to be about an hour of sitting after being driven. To get it to fire up i have to shut off the fuel pump and it will run after cranking for a little. It will get up to idle then when it starts to die i turn my pump back on and it runs as usual. It isn't all the time that this happens but its often enough to really tick me off! Im thinking maybe an injector is bleeding off the static pressure in the rail while its sitting. It has all the stock startup and fuel settings along with the stock regulator. Any advice or would be nice
Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Leaking inj[s] is where I'd start.
Is this a conversion, and the engine has been sitting for some time w/gas in the rails???
I get many injs from the local JY with this problem. Some I can clean, some go in the trash.....
Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah its an ls swap not a factory setup. The truck did sit for awhile so maybe ones gummed up for awhile, it had also been run out of gas so maybe got some junk in there. i saw something about pulling the rails with the injector attached and seeing if it seeps past so i will give that a try. Thanks for the input!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

IAT heat-soak will also do this, pulls too much timing.
Try pulling the IAT sensor and insert a ~ 2.7K ohm
resistor in its place. If this fixes your hot starts then
move the sensor out of the engine bay.

Quick Reply: lq4 floods itself