Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which wideband with HP tuners

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which wideband with HP tuners

About to order HP pro and trying to figure out which wideband to go with/why? Also, is the The Tuning School package worth the $$? Thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

i also would like to know, i bought the innovate all digital one but i would like to know if the school package is worth it
Old 05-05-2013, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I am reading through the tuning school package now and its pretty fantastic. Its mostly information you can find online but organized much better and its much easier to find and understand the information. Once I get a good grasp of the first package, I am thinking about purchasing the advanced course.

It outlines everything. It isn't a step by step "this how you tune from start to finish" but it does give you instruction on the process.

If you can justify the $500 then I think its worth it. I learned more in the 2 hours last night I spent reading it than I did the rest of the day scouring here, google and hp tuners for the same information.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Mike F from S-K speed has great deals! HP Tuners Pro for $605 to my door and sent me a tracking number within minutes of payment.

I too am in the market for a wideband. Looking into the NGK AFX and Innovative has great products as well.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=FEAR LS;17374929]Mike F from S-K speed has great deals! HP Tuners Pro for $605 to my door and sent me a tracking number within minutes of payment.

I too am in the market for a wideband. Looking into the NGK AFX and Innovative has great products as well.[/
QUOTE]

That is a good deal, why are you leaning towards the ngk-afx?
Old 05-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Launching!

NGK AFX is the way to go. It is now bundled with the upgraded sensor if you purchase from Ballenger Motorsports, best price I've found as well. The AFX is a very good quality unit, where to surpass it, your spending thousands on a lab grade one. It is already programed into the scan function of the HP Pro version as well. You just pick the sensor from the drop down screen once you are wired up. Then it's a matter of a small adjustment to the function string to get it to read exactly what your unit displays after your free air calibration. Very easy to use, I've been using mine for almost 5 years now and its been perfect.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=chad2775;17374980]
Originally Posted by FEAR LS
Mike F from S-K speed has great deals! HP Tuners Pro for $605 to my door and sent me a tracking number within minutes of payment.

I too am in the market for a wideband. Looking into the NGK AFX and Innovative has great products as well.[/
QUOTE]

That is a good deal, why are you leaning towards the ngk-afx?

Originally Posted by MMWS6
NGK AFX is the way to go. It is now bundled with the upgraded sensor if you purchase from Ballenger Motorsports, best price I've found as well. The AFX is a very good quality unit, where to surpass it, your spending thousands on a lab grade one. It is already programed into the scan function of the HP Pro version as well. You just pick the sensor from the drop down screen once you are wired up. Then it's a matter of a small adjustment to the function string to get it to read exactly what your unit displays after your free air calibration. Very easy to use, I've been using mine for almost 5 years now and its been perfect.
Well besides what he said, I've heard it's spot on with AFR's.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MMWS6
^^^^^ This..

In addition, there are many options in the HPT menus for various wideband sensors....LC1,LM1,AFX,etc. As stated above, if you're not going to spend the big $$$ on a lab-grade lambda meter, then the AFX is a very good "budget" option. It has an NTK sensor, and the best part about the whole package: It has a 15' lead to the sensor that gives you plenty of flexibility to use it as a "take with you" package allowing you to use it for tuning multiple cars in a non-permanent installation. Definitely part of my tool box when street tuning.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

Thanks! Afx it is then..
Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

yeah ive got the Innovate MTX-L, i dont know how well it is but i havent had a problem with it
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

AFX is the way to go.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AFX is what I have too!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:11 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't matter what wideband you use as long as it reads your afr's I've got the aem and it works great.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:20 AM
FormerVendor

I used the NGK/AFX only now. It provides the quickest response to the AFR than LM1, Fast, DynoJet that I tested.

Ill be up at the The Tuning School assisting with the advanced tuners course in two weeks. Its a great step by step calibration process.

Hope to see you there

Phil

www.TampaTuning.com
Old 05-24-2013, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the innovate LC1, but have no idea how to use it with the HP, I just tune and use the wideband for fuel at WOT.

Quick Reply: Which wideband with HP tuners