PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Best is Yet to Come!! Take a Look!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 05:35 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to step on toes or hurt feelings or offend anyone. The post was originally intended for those who are undecidedl I'm just stating my opinion and expressing my enthusiasm. If anyone has read any of my above referenced posts, you have seen that I have been enthusiastic about other products too.

No offense was nor is intended. I still believe that the cream will rise to the top. Let's visit this topic again later in the year.

Steve
Old 04-26-2004, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
I'm not trying to step on toes or hurt feelings or offend anyone. The post was originally intended for those who are undecidedl I'm just stating my opinion and expressing my enthusiasm. If anyone has read any of my above referenced posts, you have seen that I have been enthusiastic about other products too.

No offense was nor is intended. I still believe that the cream will rise to the top. Let's visit this topic again later in the year.
Like I said before, enthusiasm and brand-loyalty are great.....but you are touting a product that isn't finished or available as being the best. Don't you find this even the slightest bit ironic? Those who are undecided should do what the rest of us have done - compare the features, options, and service for available products. Right now, all of these point to HP Tuners.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

work with Windows XP Pro?
One happy hptuner user here, also using it on XP Pro.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:02 PM

What's the gold standard PCM Scan Tool? EFILive, that's easy.

What will be the gold standard PCM Tune Tool? That's pretty easy too! It's going to be EFILive Tune. It will be a PCM Reader, Editor, and Reprogrammer all integrated into one product. In fact, the Scan and Tune tools will all be integrated together if the user so chooses and they will all work through the same hardware interface cable which will be called FlashScan. No more plugging/unplugging/plugging/unplugging . Check things out for yourself http://www.efilive.com/news_20040209.html. In fact, become an informed consumer and browse around and check out all of the details http://www.efilive.com/tune.html.

Now, I've got to say that I'm prejudiced. I'm a happy owner of the EFILive Scan tool . The folks at EFILive believe in the four C's: commitment to excellence, continual product improvement (frequently at no charge), customer service, communication. Now, I'm a pretty careful consumer when it comes to spending my money. I research, question and consider all the angles that I can. Also, I'm a former diesel truck mechanic and I work as an aircraft electronic (avionics) engineer and I've been in avionics for 28 years now. So I'm pretty picky about a product like this.

Now, FlashScan and the EFILive Tune portion of EFILive isn't available yet and won't be until later this year. But are the other new products really available yet . TunerCat has been rumored/hinted at/etc. for how long??? Is the HP Tuners product currently being delivered really ready for market? Is LS1Edit user friendly and capable enough to really be usable or is it shrouded in mystery?

Think about these things and ask yourself these questions. Good things come to those who wait. Everyone who wants to get into (or is in) the tuning game is currently waiting in one way or another (product availability, completion, ease of use, whatever). Why not keep your money in your pocket and wait for something worth waiting for. I know of what I speak. Remember, I a satisfied EFILive customer !

Sincerely,

Steve Bryant

If this isnt one huge sales pitch, I dont know what is. Are you sure you arent affiliated with them? You sound like a car salesman.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the gold standard PCM Scan Tool? EFILive, that's easy.

Now, I've got to say that I'm prejudiced. I'm a happy owner of the EFILive Scan tool . The folks at EFILive believe in the four C's: commitment to excellence, continual product improvement (frequently at no charge), customer service, communication.

EFILive customer !

Sincerely,

Steve Bryant
I've got to say that you're prejudiced too. This is the biggest pile of sales pitch I've ever seen ... and thanks for giving us the 4 C's, I'm surprised you didn't give us a "we do it best in the southwest" line while you were at it. Sorry pal, but enthusiasm doesn't come close to explaining your motivation for this post. Try not to be so obvious next time. Also many of us are mechanics and/or engineers on this forum so it's not really that impressive.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow
agreed on salesman sounding

While EFI live is great lets see the product come to market, and see how it fairs Ryan
Well, at least they have posted some hardware shots and screen shots unlike the other promised budget LS1 Tuner.

Better to not commit to a release date than give the masses the blue screen of death.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Good points Fetumpsh.

For those of you that wish to see our converter but missed the post, last month we posted a pic on our forum:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.p...70;start=20#35

Also, our customer login page is close to being finished. Updates will be uploaded more frequently and you will be able to download them directly from our website. If you try to log in currently, you will be denied. We will be posting on our forum when the customer login page goes live.

Thanks for the support!

PS. Yes, 98 product is coming VERY soon.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LS1-Edit mail list has all but died. They started preemptively moderating the email group , it takes a day or two for posts to get thru. There is hardly any more community interaction. I guess the new offerings in the tuner world made them a bit skiddish...

Too bad. They could have been at the top of the heap, with the lead time they had. Unless customer service there changes, or HPTuners gets a competitive upgrade policy, it looks like I may be an EFILive man (assuming my finances and the release date coincide favorably).
Old 04-27-2004, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black LS1 T/A
They could have been at the top of the heap, with the lead time they had. Unless customer service there changes, or HPTuners gets a competitive upgrade policy, it looks like I may be an EFILive man (assuming my finances and the release date coincide favorably).
Why should HP Tuners and I guess EFILive or TunerCat when they arrive offer you an upgrade discount from LS1Edit??. The hardware is just as useless to them as it is to anyone else buying it if it is locked to a vehicle.
Aside from that, they the hardware isn't the same anyway.

That's kinda like buying a Mustang and walking into a GM dealer and asking for 10K off a Vette because you previously bought a Mustang.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

all boils down to price now. Whats efilive have to offer over edit and hptuners?

lay your cards down on the table mates.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by samz28
all boils down to price now.....................
No, not true. If that was the case we'd all be using Autotap.

joel
Old 04-27-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

So when will HPTuners scan tool work on Corvettes? My friend says it doesnt work on his.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just ordered mine today (HP Tuner) 00 TA AND 04 GTP
Old 04-28-2004, 01:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We support 99-04 Corvettes currently. You can order directly from our web page: http://www.hptuners.com/order.php Our V6 fbody product will be released very soon as well as the rest of our V6 line, as well as the 97/98 V8 cars... and then we will be moving on to the ecotec and 4 cyl engines as well.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horist
I just ordered mine today (HP Tuner) 00 TA AND 04 GTP

I dont see it available for 04 GTP's
Old 04-28-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Why should HP Tuners and I guess EFILive or TunerCat when they arrive offer you an upgrade discount from LS1Edit??.

For the same reasons that software companies give competitive incentives. LS1Edit is by far not obsolete yet. Although it may lack a scanning tool and their help files are horrible, it still functions and there are plenty of cars that have been tuned via LS1Edit proving it does work. The incentive is to get LS1Edit owners to switch.

Granted HP Tuners and EFILive can't reuse the old hardware but say they sell their product with a $100 competitive trade-in incentive. That's $400 they wouldn't get otherwise and they’d open themselves to a market that would be otherwise hard to sell.

The fact that HP Tuners doesn't offer an incentive and just like LS1Edit, you have to pay extra for updates after the first 6 months, I'll happily keep my LS1Edit until I see enough value in another tuning package to switch. I'm anxious to see what EFILive will deliver.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ataylors
I dont see it available for 04 GTP's
only 00 TA now , i'll be adding the 04 GTP when available which sounds like it'll be very soon
Old 04-28-2004, 10:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fetumpsh
That's kinda like buying a Mustang and walking into a GM dealer and asking for 10K off a Vette because you previously bought a Mustang.
Nope... more like trading my old car in. It's worth more than $0.00

Actually, I've already debated the Competitive Upgrade issue before.
If the cost of their materials is covered, plus some profit made (just not as much as someone who has not invested in such a product), then by winning the competitor's customer to their side gives them a bigger footprint in the market and ties the new customer to future enhanced versions, as long as they can maintain good customer satisfaction.

If the logic of that can't be seen, then, oh well.
Many software vendors have successfully applied this concept.

Since I have EFILive and Autotap, if they offer a reasonable upgrade from my purchase of that to their tuner version, this may be the way I go.
So far, with EFILive, I haven't had to chunk down $100 bucks for bug fixes and minor enhancements that should have been in the software from the get-go.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think that with HP tuners bug fixes are also free.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Black LS1 T/A
Nope... more like trading my old car in. It's worth more than $0.00
When you trade a car in the next person who buys it can actually drive it - it's not locked to one driver.