Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Permanent Wideband Install Write Up, Lots of Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
it would have been much simpler and cleaner to use the Fuse Panel in the car...you can get hot ignition key on power from the panel(use an inline fuse), and ground to any screw nearby that is connected to the chassis in some way...

just keep the excess wire under the dash and tidy up with zipties...

Way easier and cleaner than what you did with going to the battery and using that cube/relay thing you added in
That's what I did; used the accessory port in the fuse panel and found a ground source under the steering wheel where one of the supports bolts are. It allowed me to keep all my wires in the same general area and was much easier to keep them hidden under the dash.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
That's what I did; used the accessory port in the fuse panel and found a ground source under the steering wheel where one of the supports bolts are. It allowed me to keep all my wires in the same general area and was much easier to keep them hidden under the dash.
I did the same thing but i ran the wire from the sensor at the drivers collector through the rubber shift boot. I drilled a small hole in it and rtv'd it after.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
you dont compensate because your sensor doesnt reach an exact 5 volts....
99% of all the cheap widebands cant do the extremes of 0 and 5 volts...

your equation should be

Volts/ 0.7143 +9 for AFR

or

Volts / 10.4167 + 0.62 for Lambda

the only time you have to do math to "Fix" the equation, is if yoru device doesnt have a 0v or a 5v value (example being some controllers do 0.5v-4.5v or 0v-4v)

there are times when you might see a voltage offset because of bad /incorrect grounds....but it still doesnt change your formula...you just need to fix your grounds in that case
It's been awhile since I've really messed with anything, got really busy after I got everything in.

I would think I would want hptuners to read a 1.10 lambda when the sensor reads 16. I know the ngk afx reads 14.5 at a 14.7afr, maybe thats what was being corrected. When it gets nicer out and I get time I'm going to have to check some stuff and figure out exactly whats going on to make sure the calculations are correct.

Quick Reply: Permanent Wideband Install Write Up, Lots of Pictures