Sponsored by:

I'm not sure what happen

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm not sure what happen

I sent my PCM to Steve at frost tuning and I couldn't get a tune this is why

I am re-sending this from my out box as you indicated that you did not receive it. Please let me know that you did.

I'm not sure what the deal is, but on the bench harness, the PCM powers up and goes into RUN mode just fine. When I try to read the tune out, it has checksum errors and can't be read by either tuning package I have. I have probably only ever seen this twice. I don't have an OEM image that 100% fits your vehicle to start over with (truck tunes are very specific as there are many options). I hate to say it, I really do, but I am going to have to refund and return it. I could get it done in person with the vehicle, but I don't have a base file that I have confidence in to do a full write with. I will refund everything you paid and get it off tomorrow on my dime. I have mail order tuned just over 2,000 vehicles. This is unfortunately on the third time ever that I have said this, and I'm sorry that it happened to you. It may not be worth much, but you have a favor in the bank with me if you ever need it.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Can anybody tell me what this basically means
Old 06-17-2013, 03:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like for whatever reason the PCM could not be read out on the bench. It sounds like he thinks he could read it out while in the vehicle, not sure...

If it were an F-body, he would have just blasted a known good file in there and started from that, but since it is a truck, that will not work here.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the computer a known good computer? Seems to be pretty good customer service right there though!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blackpony
Is the computer a known good computer? Seems to be pretty good customer service right there though!
Yea it was good be4 I pulled motor and rebuilt it! The only thing that is different is I put a fresher block in w/ cam, headers, milled heads, and efans!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

I would just buy one of his pcm's with it tuned for your truck. They aren't to much and you know it will work correctly.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Could I just get another PCM? I can get them dirt cheap

Quick Reply: I'm not sure what happen