Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who can't decide between Edit and Hptuners

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 07:46 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For those who can't decide between Edit and Hptuners

This post is for all the people who are trying to figure out what program to buy for their Ls1 so they can hack the computer. Well what i can tell you for sure is that if u go with edit and have any problems with ur computer-Ken over at edit will help u out immediately. The dealer just killed my computer by installing a "new updated" file. I thought I was screwed-one email to Ken and he responded back in a very timely matter and helped me with it all week so we could come to a fix. The customer service over at edit is awesome-to me that means everything! This is just something for u guys to think about.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

so the dealer killed your pcm? And you needed ken to help you fix it?

Odd. If the dealer touched anything on my car and it broke, they'd be fixing it.

yawn
Old 04-29-2004, 09:09 AM
8 Second Club

My dealer was only supposed to do a TSB upgrade on the BCM-but they felt they needed to do the updates that were available on tech2. They had to do the tsb-as far as anything else goes-nothing is covered under warranty-because of the cam/ headers etc,etc,etc...basically go f#$k urself said the rep.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Regardless of modifications, the problem was created by your dealer. None of your modifications contributed to their incompetence and subsequent destruction of your parts. If the rep told you no, you should have escalated to a zone manager, regional manager, and so on.

It's good to hear that at least one person got good customer service out of Carputing. However, let's compare the frequency of good service vs. bad service. One act of kindness cannot overcome a years of arrogance and a product that has many disadvantages when compared to HP Tuners. At this point, Carputing is just trying to claw onto rapidly declining market share.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

HP Tuners all the way. For gods sake people...ITS NOT VIN LOCKED!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

which in turn brings up its resale value. The only reason you got such a fast response because there was mullah involved
Old 04-29-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bomax
HP Tuners all the way. For gods sake people...ITS NOT VIN LOCKED!!!!!!!!!
yup plus if the PCM is toasted it can recover it Now THAT's customer support... anticipate customer issues and provide an immediate fix (boy could I have used this 2 years ago... lost communication w/the PCM during a flash... had to borrow a friends PCM, drive my car to a dealership, pay 50 bux to reflash my PCM , then another 50 bux to reflash my 150 dollar spare PCM so that I wouldn't be stranded again in the future ... w/HP Tuners no fear of this happening )

Plus HP Tuners LISTENS to their customers or potential customers... they have an entire forum setup just for suggested modifications/changes and are actually taking those suggestions and using them to make their product even better!

I can't wait to get mine tomorrow

Last edited by horist; 04-29-2004 at 12:16 PM.