PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Tuning School

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't disagree with that but there are other options..and I could read 10 pages and say f*ck this and not spend a dime. I am not the only person out there on a budget I'm sure of that. My wife would flip if I just started buying books on a wim regardless of how much they are. I'm sure she would say I've spent enough all ready.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KAMSVT
I don't disagree with that but there are other options..and I could read 10 pages and say f*ck this and not spend a dime. I am not the only person out there on a budget I'm sure of that. My wife would flip if I just started buying books on a wim regardless of how much they are. I'm sure she would say I've spent enough all ready.
With that then you need to sell the car and get out of the performance world then. This hobby is a money pit and I've spent and wasted my fair share along with others here.

If you let your wife rule you like that then you need to go buy a minivan and stop whining.

There are many shortcuts to many things but learing how to tune on a performance based EFI system is not one of them. I've been doing this since the early 90's and had to suffer with tuners all over the country and I've finally had enough. I'm going to take my lumps and buy both books and the tuning school software and learn to tune myself and ask questions. I know enough to be dangerous, so asking the professionals will help me along the way. I'm just not going to download free stuff and hope for the best.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like your just continuing to try to justify your poor choices as somehow being legitimate. If you're so worried about wasting (in this case, less than $20.00), then all one has to do is search for book reviews online. There are plenty out there.

But yeah, you're right....the though of your wife "flipping out" over you spending money on books "regardless of how much they are." TOTALLY makes it just fine to illegally download **** and then go into a public forum and basically say "Hey guys!! Check this out! I got this **** for free on XYZ.com!!"

And to your previous comment about "bullying" here...WTF?!?! Someone calling you out for a display of ****-poor scruples is NOT "bullying"...so just

If you're going to continue to do illegal ****....which I'm certain that you will....AT LEAST be smart enough to keep it to yourself and off of a public forum.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol......CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.........hahahahaha.

I do agree that there is plenty of info out there on the net and I alread have Dan Maslic's book. Now that I know that Greg Banish book is so cheap ill be picking that one up to. Plus, lm pretty much set on getting The Tuning School's software too.

Last edited by Monte4ever; 07-27-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Monte4ever
Lol......CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.........hahahahaha.

I do agree that there is plenty of info out there on the net and I alread have Dan Maslic's book. Now that I know that Greg Banish book is so cheap ill be picking that one up to.
I will be picking up both of them out of the next pay check. I bought too many performance parts out of the last check! LOL!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hear ya lol. Let us know how it goes.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:26 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm out here working now making some more OT so I can see if I can nab the software too. I surely report back.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Glad to see u take the long trip off your high horse and add some good info to this thread.question though do u also picket evil coorprrations such as public librarys that offer free memberships, and allow u to barrow as many free books as u want.

This evil must be stopped .

And I apologise to Greg if he is a fellow tech member if I cost him his publishing deal. Now good day sir.
Yeah, thanks for nothing pal. It's not like I'm getting rich and retiring from the book royalties, and you go out of your way to bone me here. Why don't you just come to my house and steal my baby's formula and kick the dog while you're at it?

The same goes for those who steal my DVDs. They are priced very fairly considering the level of professional technical training being delivered, but some people are convinced that ANY price is too expensive. I don't mind if someone shares their legally purchased copy with a friend, but open piracy begs for a response. I already have one major piracy offender being invited to visit a Federal judge on the matter... I would much rather be putting my efforts into creating new content for people who actually want to learn, but as they say, "a few bad apples can spoil the whole damn bunch".
Old 08-01-2013, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Greg...

Anything coming out soon for the new series of Direct Injection engines from GM??

Please say yes.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't mess with this guy. His wife will come kick your ***. LMFAO The tuning school was worth the money, just for the experience and comrodery. The class was awesome as well. If you can't afford to or are not allowed to spend money on tuning, parts, etc. You should just buy a muastang and give up all hope of ever being fast. When your wife comes home from work and steps though the door trip her. When her purse hits the ground and your nuts come rolling out, take them back and run.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Codyvette that's awesome, trip the wife. Lol run! Seriously good advice to guy. Maybe while he is running he can steal a snack from the small merchants in town.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by codyvette
don't mess with this guy. His wife will come kick your ***. Lmfao the tuning school was worth the money, just for the experience and comrodery. The class was awesome as well. If you can't afford to or are not allowed to spend money on tuning, parts, etc. You should just buy a muastang and give up all hope of ever being fast. When your wife comes home from work and steps though the door trip her. When her purse hits the ground and your nuts come rolling out, take them back and run.
roflmao.........
Old 08-03-2013, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 882 Likes on 628 Posts

Looking for free info not snooty comments. This post was the first I heard of the tuning school. After some research it is out of my price range . I want to tune my own car, not looking to become a pro but would like to no where to start much like the op. Maybe someone knows of a sight that is free that offers literature on understanding engines , and efi. Or some cheap books.

Highjacking as in asking for info for my own personal gain that may not pertain to op.
Like info on jetdst. Because there is not much info to be found on it.
No offence intended
No high jacking is coming in someone else's thread talking about your **** wanting help.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
No high jacking is coming in someone else's thread talkin about your **** wanting help.
Speaking of highjacking, I lived in Evansville for a while and worked at Western Kentucky energy. The car and bike scene up there was ban in then(2002) , how is it now?

Quick Reply: The Tuning School