Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

autometer guages

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default autometer guages

this my be in the wrong section not sure. anyone have the aurometer # for oil pressure gauges and fittings? or if there is a kit that mounts down by the oil filter where I can purchase it?

thanks
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GMtechmatt
this my be in the wrong section not sure. anyone have the aurometer # for oil pressure gauges and fittings? or if there is a kit that mounts down by the oil filter where I can purchase it?

thanks
I use Autometer gauges on my LY6. The oil pressure sender is plugged into a port on the oil cooler line. They were custom lines, so I just put in a 1/8 inch T.

If you run a bypass instead of oil cooler line, you can tap it, or buy one that is tapped for 1/8 fitting.

Bypass with 1/8 tap

Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Any ideas where to install a mech. oil pressure gauge on ly6 with remote oil filter and Moroso pan?
Was told there is a fitting at the rear of the engine in the area where a sbc's distributor would be. Ive found it but have no idea what threads they are.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2013, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rb69
Any ideas where to install a mech. oil pressure gauge on ly6 with remote oil filter and Moroso pan?
Was told there is a fitting at the rear of the engine in the area where a sbc's distributor would be. Ive found it but have no idea what threads they are.

Thanks
Are you talking about an oil pressure gauge with a tube that goes into the cab?

The first question is......why?

The threads are metric. You can get an adapter at speedway or on ebay to 1/8 npt. If you remove the factory sender, you have to disable vvt, IIRC.

Tapping anywhere in the remote oil filter line is another choice.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Teching In

casias,

This car has mech. gauges and has been a drag car. I use the copper tube into the cab not plastic.
My valley cover has been replaced with aftermarket cover that doesn't have any ports like the stock one did.

Remote filter is located in the front corner of the car and would be a bit of a run to get there.

Hoped on using the hole near the back of the block where the valley cover jogs around it, just not sure what the thread is.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2013, 07:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rb69
casias,

This car has mech. gauges and has been a drag car. I use the copper tube into the cab not plastic.
My valley cover has been replaced with aftermarket cover that doesn't have any ports like the stock one did.

Remote filter is located in the front corner of the car and would be a bit of a run to get there.

Hoped on using the hole near the back of the block where the valley cover jogs around it, just not sure what the thread is.

Thanks

Here is the adapter from speedway.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Auto-M...ter,20928.html

If your original sender was removed, there may be a plug in it at the back of the motor on the driver's side.

I ran out and pulled my intake off. Here is where it is.

Ok. I didn't really. I found this on the web.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Teching In

casias,
here is a link to a picture of the port I am hoping to use. I don't have a stock valley cover like that any more, mines soild without ports on it. Did away with the vvt.

Thanks for your help!!
Attached Thumbnails autometer guages-6.0-oil-port-001.jpg  

Quick Reply: autometer guages