Sponsored by:

Haltech Platinum Sport GM

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Haltech Platinum Sport GM

Anyone have any experience with these?

I am currently running a LS1 ECU and a already customized harness for my chassis but need to move onto a stand alone. The Haltech Platinum Sport GM says its a plug and play for GM ECU suiting early GM TBI/TPI with DELCO ECU but I am having a hard time confirming if that is what we have in as factory f-bodies.

Does anyone know if this truly is a plug and play? I am installing ITB's so flashing the stock one won't really be enough for a proper tune.

Locally my tuner of choice recommends the Haltech over the AEM 30-1220 (discontinued) as well.

http://www.haltech.com/product/plati...ries/sport-gm/

If anyone has any experience or again knows the plug-and-play capabilities, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 PM
FormerVendor

Yes they test fit the harness for this kit on a spare engine I had on a stand. They are a bunch of top notch guys. The only downfall to that ECU is you have to run the coils in wasted spark cause there is only 12 sequential outputs (8 injector, 4 coil). Some guys frown on that but I've never had a problem with it especially on a NA engine. Some boost/nitrous setups might not take too well to it though.

You can use SD and Alpha-N on the stock PCM BTW. Just requires someone to know what they are doing to tune them!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:35 PM
FormerVendor

I have an AEM 30-1220 sitting on the shelf I may consider selling as well if you may be interested in it.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:03 AM
Teching In

SD on ITB for street is a bit too harsh for what I want to do, the MAP reading from idle to atmosphere is a on/off from talking to the some guys who have worked with the Kinsler and Harrop setups, good for race only setups.

Interesting to hear about the wasted spark on the Haltech, I didn't know about that and definitely a bit odd to say the least. Good to hear that you have had success with it on NA, gives me some confidence in my setup heh.

I would for sure be interested in the AEM you have James, did you guys have any success with tuning the 30-1220's?

Pm me any info you have, new/used etc and price shipped to WA 98281 when you have a chance.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
I have an AEM 30-1220 sitting on the shelf I may consider selling as well if you may be interested in it.
Hi there,
Do you still have the 30-1220? Looking to buy one.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MARCUS T/A
Hi there,
Do you still have the 30-1220? Looking to buy one.
No it is sold and gone.. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Haltech Platinum Sport GM