Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scanner disconnect?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scanner disconnect?

I was data logging lastnight, and about 370 frames into it, my scanner would disconnect, and would not reconnect unless the car was turned off, and in the run position.

I tried the scanner on another car, and no issues, so I am sure its the wiring..

anyone had this issue?

I am going to check the wires and data wire to the PCM, just wanted to see if anyone ever had a similar issue and found the cause.. I searched this on here and HPT without finding the cause..

Does anyone know WHERE the grounds for the obd2 connector are located on the harness??
Old 08-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The ground on pin 4 of the DLC goes to the left I/P mounting stud behind the kick panel. The ground on pin 5 goes to the rear of the driver-side cylinder head. As for the data line on pin 2, there is a splice pack for the common data connection of the various module's data lines. It is attached to a bracket above the DLC, near the turn signal flasher.
Did the scanner remain powered or did it go dead? If dead, that may indicate a loss of power from the cigar lighter circuit to pin 16 of the DLC.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will track down the grounds.. the scanner has power, and just disconnects after being open for long enough to get 300-400 frames.. then will not re connect.. I think its a ground, I will check them all..

thanks.

Quick Reply: Scanner disconnect?