PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help flashing a PCM back to stock

Old 08-16-2013, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help flashing a PCM back to stock

I bought a 2002 camaro awhile back and the previous owner tuned with hp tuners using a COS.

I have efi live and attempted to scan it tonight (before I knew it was tuned with HPT) and it said it was locked. I talked to the owner and he said that he made sure it wasn't locked since that happens automatically with their cos. Locked or not I cant flash a stock tune into it from what I've read without buying a hptuners license first.

Does that sound right? I don't want to read or modify it, I just want a stock tune in it to modify with my software without paying someone else first.

If that is the case if someone has a stream for the 99-02 ls1 they could do it for free right?

Btw the person I bought the car from said he sold the software. So the cable that licensed the car is long gone.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If it has a COS with HPT it locks out EFI Live, and vise versa. HPT doesnt have unlimited streams for 99-02 like EFI, they have unlimited year and make or unlimited gen III. So someone would need unlimited 2002 fbody or unlimited gen III. Unless you have a buddy with one of those your most likely going to have to pay someone to flash it back to stock or buy another pcm. If you just want it flashed to stock we can do it for cheaper than buying another pcm and mail it back. We also sell pcm's if you want to go that route. We have a 1 day turn around and ship M-F.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just go to the wreckers and get a pcm from 2000-2002 truck for 50$ flash it with the car OS and drive on.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AKAFRED
just go to the wreckers and get a pcm from 2000-2002 truck for 50$ flash it with the car OS and drive on.
$50 for pcm + $125 efi live license = $175

I'll flash his computer back to stock and ship it back for WAY less than that. If he has the LS1B stream then he could get by with buying pcm. Also not every junkyard sells them for $50. We sell them for $100 and cant keep them in stock hardly.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The local GM dealer in my area does it for $100, whether it is the original or a swapped PCM. BTW, reflashing the original PCM does not require the crank position variation relearn procedure, but swapping out one from another vehicle and reflashing it will require it (included for the $100). Without the relearn procedure, you will get the P1336 code pretty much forever.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help flashing a PCM back to stock