Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't Do Burnout. Tune Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotwire
Still have the flashing ses light / random p0300 code, BUT I'm ASSuming that's due to my trans not holding TCC. The ses light will start flashing as soon as it unlocks, so I'm going to be pulling the pan soon and throwing in either a superior or transgo kit for P1870 codes.
The P0300 misfire code is causing the TCC to unlock. Nothing wrong with the transmission. I would set the TCC max duty cycle table to 100 & the min to 90, that way the TCC is either on or off.

Russ Kemp
Old 09-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Nice.
When you say it plows the front tires, you mean its literally pushing through the front brakes?
If so, I wonder if it just needs some fresh front brakes, or if there is a proportioning issue, where the rears are getting too much pressure...?

Tough to say on the P0300, should be something you canmake sense of with some more logging...

Happy tuning
Thanks man, it's literally PUSHING the tires, they're locked up, the tires are literally sliding. I'll see if I can get a video somehow. I've got Napa ceramics all the way around, 2 piston calipers up front, disc rear. Probably need to invest in a line lock, but it's going a little far for a stupid problem.

Originally Posted by Russ K
The P0300 misfire code is causing the TCC to unlock. Nothing wrong with the transmission. I would set the TCC max duty cycle table to 100 & the min to 90, that way the TCC is either on or off.

Russ Kemp
The TCC is kicking in and out and I have a seriously rough 1-2 shift @ any throttle. Leading me to the tcc circuit in the valvebody is worn. We really didn't mess with it when we rebuilt the trans, mainly solenoids, springs, pistons, bands, etc, but not VB. The flashing ses doesn't happen every time the tcc slips out. Just noticed they happened in together.

Lovely LS1Edit doesn't provide tcc duty table. I can set mph/tps of apply/release and that's it. I was pissed when I found that out as we removed the restrictor from the input shaft to give full fluid flow to tcc upon apply so it would feel like 5th gear / hold. Now all I get is a nice ramp down to lock up.

So to break down, trans needs bandaid kit for tcc / P1870, and I have to figure out why I'm getting P0300 codes. Will see if I can get a hookup @ stealership to do a crank relearn.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Also seen a trans slip code when the TCC isn't locking, and that will cause a very harsh upshift.

Russ Kemp

Quick Reply: Can't Do Burnout. Tune Issues?