PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting for !EGR and !O2 with Handheld?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting for !EGR and !O2 with Handheld?

I've been doing some research, and GM High Tech says the discontinued Predator can remove CELs from the O2 sensors and EGR sensors. After contacting DiabloSport, they said that I would need custom tuning to do this.

I want to know if anyone has done this with a handheld.

I already know that custom tuning is better for everything. I'm not looking for a full tune yet. I'm looking for a way to read and clear DTCs and also adjust a couple of parameters until I throw some headers on it and decide what else I want to do in my build.

Is there a handheld tuner that can remove these sensors?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I doubt your going to find a hand held to do that. We offer just code deletes if you don't want a full tune. An auto cal will do that but its married to your tuners efi live.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Older Predators from 4-5 years ago had this option.
You'd need one with version 2.02 on it, part number U7198, tough to find these days....
Old 09-13-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
You'd need one with version 2.02 on it, part number U7198, tough to find these days....
I've always wondered did the EPA make you remove that or was that just a Diablosport Corp decision to do it?
Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
I've always wondered did the EPA make you remove that or was that just a Diablosport Corp decision to do it?
They didn't make us, but if you wait till they make you do something, you will pay, as some of our competitors have recently proven

We were kindly asked to stop offering it, and we obliged
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Weird how they don't come down on the Suites for offering DTC deletion but crack down on their diesel DPF deletion. Or the way they came down on Casper for selling O2 sims while allowing the Suites to carry on.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

That's good to know. It's also go to know that you're compliant with the government even when it's hard. I'd hate to see a good company get sued out of business for trying to help customers.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Weird how they don't come down on the Suites for offering DTC deletion but crack down on their diesel DPF deletion. Or the way they came down on Casper for selling O2 sims while allowing the Suites to carry on.
Tough to predict what their 'hot issue' will become...

We offer the code deletions in our CMR suite as well, but they see that as custom tuning for off road use, slightly different than putting the option in the hands of anyone, but, as mentioned, anyone can purchase one of the other suites and disable anything they want...

Originally Posted by The_Bird
That's good to know. It's also go to know that you're compliant with the government even when it's hard. I'd hate to see a good company get sued out of business for trying to help customers.
We can only try

We have to walk a fine line as most other handhelds don't support custom tuning, so what goes in the tool vs. what's left to custom tuning is always a toss up.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Tough to predict what their 'hot issue' will become...

We offer the code deletions in our CMR suite as well, but they see that as custom tuning for off road use, slightly different than putting the option in the hands of anyone, but, as mentioned, anyone can purchase one of the other suites and disable anything they want...

We can only try

We have to walk a fine line as most other handhelds don't support custom tuning, so what goes in the tool vs. what's left to custom tuning is always a toss up.

Thanks
You're at the top of my list when I finally get something. Let me know when you have a Trinity fall off the truck or something. I've got $20 waiting for you.

Quick Reply: Adjusting for !EGR and !O2 with Handheld?