Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holley dominator harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holley dominator harness

Does anybody know if you have to buy a different harness for 58x and 24x reluctor wheel for the holley dominator . I run junkyard truck motors and have 24x and 58x motors and don't want to have to be swapping harnesses. just wanted to hear from ya'll before I have to call holley . thanks
Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

It is best to use the correct harness. That's why Holley built two different units. The crank sensors work off different voltages IIRC
Old 10-04-2013, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin turbo c5
Does anybody know if you have to buy a different harness for 58x and 24x reluctor wheel for the holley dominator . I run junkyard truck motors and have 24x and 58x motors and don't want to have to be swapping harnesses. just wanted to hear from ya'll before I have to call holley . thanks
Their site has 4 different main harnesses. It appears that the only differences in the LS1 and LS2 harness would be the wire length, and connectors, for different sensor locations. I think you just have to tell the ecu whether you are running 24X or 58X.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

different question but the same topic....if i'm using the dominator but plan on using the 4500 style TB will any TB plug into the harness or 1) use the holley TB or 2)repin the plug to use on a different TB...
Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

I guess people skipped my reply previously, and I wanted to clear this up. Can a LS1 harness be used on a LS2 engine - Yes with modification.

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
Their site has 4 different main harnesses. It appears that the only differences in the LS1 and LS2 harness would be the wire length, and connectors, for different sensor locations. I think you just have to tell the ecu whether you are running 24X or 58X.
There are more main harness's submitted for production. However for the LS based engines, there are two configurations made. The LS1, and the LS2. I know you are trying to assist, however the harness's do have different part numbers for reasons that go beyond wiring lengths, and connectors.

Originally Posted by Blown06
24x and 58x should just require a different tune. Same harness. But I would call or send an email to be sure. Their customer service is fantastic.

The LS1 crank sensor connector is pinned back to EST 12V output on the P1B connector.

The LS2 harness has a 5V ref voltage and pinned back to P1A connector. Long story short here. USE THE APPROPRIATE HARNESS for the engine. It's not just a programming difference. Thanks -Derek
Old 10-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LSX67RS/SS
different question but the same topic....if i'm using the dominator but plan on using the 4500 style TB will any TB plug into the harness or 1) use the holley TB or 2)repin the plug to use on a different TB...
If you are running a LS specific harness, the connector should have the same style ( 3 wire small round) connector as the 4500 TB TPS sensor. The IAC connection will be different
Old 10-07-2013, 12:20 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I deleted my post as to not create confusion.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have the schematic for both harnesses you could add the provision for both the 24 and the 58 tooth. There is also a signal converter to run either with a stock PCM. Not sure if that would work with the Holley unit.

Quick Reply: holley dominator harness