PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very unique Column Lock issue PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very unique Column Lock issue PLEASE HELP!!!!

New as a user on here but this is my issue:

Car is 2002 z06, and I suffered the dreaded column lock problem a year ago. It was towed to the dealership and they removed the locking plates from the steering wheel and replaced a wiring harness and guaranteed it will never engage or lock again.

It was fixed until....

Motor was hydro locked in a flash flood on the road (water sucked into intake, car was not submerged.) Luckily insurance covered the damages and I now have a BRAND NEW LS3 factory motor with full conversion sitting in my car for free!!!

However, from them doing the engine swap and flashing all the codes out then re-tuning the new motor at a performance shop, the display now says "service column lock/ insert key wait 10 seconds" BUT I can STILL drive it wide open like nothing is wrong. It does not kill the motor or anything. The dealership and the performance shop did not know how to fix it. They erased the lock up engage programming so it won't fail though.

How do I get this error message off the display?? Some forum threads say to reset a fuse, WILL THIS MESS UP OR ERASE MY TUNE??

Quick Reply: Very unique Column Lock issue PLEASE HELP!!!!