Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning my 98 Trans am ws6

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning my 98 Trans am ws6

Hey, on my trans am it is up to about 45,000 miles and I think it's due for a tune up. I have a cut-out and a jetchip stage 2 computerchip on it. I am also planning on putting a SLP lid, smooth bellow, and maybe a SLP 85mm MAF and MAFT on it. I was wondering could I put the MAF and jet chip on at the same time, or would this lean out my set-up too much? I was thinking about buying a hypertech programmer and playing around with the tuning. What do you think is best? I can take off my current mods it's no problem and add the MAF would that be a good set-up? I would like to figure out how to tune the car myself. Is there any programs or programmer units that would work for my 98? If so could I tune my car to work with these mods? I have heard its hard to tune with the maf and was wondering if it is even possible with the chip. I just want to do a few mods and improve fuel economy if i can, then if i wanna race i want to be able to add some hp. Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-08-2004, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Okay, I got most of my questions answered by calling up some local people. I am not going to change the MAF, I'm keepin the stock one, and not messin around with the MAFT. Now I was wondering is the jet-chip really that good? Can the Hypertech programmer be used with it? Or should I take out the jet-chip then use the hypertech? Thanks
Old 05-08-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I say stay away from the jet chip, its not widly used and i doubt it helps much if any. Not sure about other programers.