Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help w/ ls7 on motec m48 w/expander

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/ ls7 on motec m48 w/expander

It's a ls7 using a 58x (60-2) and a stock 4x cam sensor. This is a race car with a sequential loom built just for this. On mode 83, cyl 8, crip 440, ign 100 (for the expander), coils 8, ref and sync are set for 1 (hall), crank ref teeth set to 60. It will fire on the 1872 cylinders only. First four in the order. Misses on the rest. This mode runs on the ref (crank) only which makes me think it is ok. The missing on 4 is probably ok too seeing how it doesn't have the cam to sync too and can't sequentially fire the ign.

I talked with someone else that recommended crips 84 (360 out) and then it wouldn't fire so back to 440. They also recommended mode 173 for a BMW which supposedly used the same cam sync as the ls and some other manufacturers. Still no fire.

I tested injectors individually, ok

It is throwing a diagnostic code for no cam sync and no cam signal. I checked the wiring in the loom to the ecu, ok. I tested the input at location A on the cam plug, 7.6v. I tested the location C, signal, and hand cranked the motor. It seemed to send a signal back at about 5.8v to the ecu in the pattern on the cam gear. Low reference seems to be in order, it is connected to the ref too.

I'm starting to run out of ideas. Does any body have any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Need help w/ ls7 on motec m48 w/expander