PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC-1 programer Help Please

Old 01-18-2014, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC-1 programer Help Please

I recently installed an Innovate Wideband O2(LC-1) which i got with HP tuners from Scoggin Dickey and have had problems with the serial interface. My windows 8 dose not support the serial adapter so i dragged an old computer out that is running windows 7 and has a serial port.

I can get the dashboard to recognize the O2 but I cannot get it to recognize the LM Programer. I says connect to serial port? Which i believe I am.

I am computer challenged and have used the search feature to no avail on this.

Oh and Innovate's forum is down!

Thanks in advance
Old 01-18-2014, 02:44 PM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just played with this thing in the last few days & had the same issue. Your not in the program software, I suspect your in the data log stuff. Go down to the bottom left of your puter screen>left click & I suspect you will find two programs for the LC-1, choose the program......not the Logworks.

Last edited by ctd; 01-18-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

Thank you ctd for the response. I tried again and when I open the programer file and a screen opens stating that I have to start the device or connect to the serial port. When I run hp tuner my Wideband reads 22.1 and the Innovate gauge screen reads 0.9. Both of these readings are after it goes into closed loop. I set up the EIO to 7.35 like it says in the hp instructions. Going to call Innovate again tomorrow. I spent 40 minutes on hold then they sent me to voice mail. guess they don't work overtime.

Thanks again
Old 01-20-2014, 03:32 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can you post a screen shot? I had a hell of a time programing them, I had purchased some 13.1 test gas. Three of three displayed 12.6-12.7 with the test gas.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Just hung up with Innovate Tech Support, they were unable to fix it over the phone. Says that if it reads the Log Works program it should read the LM programer program. Long Story short I am waiting for an email with the RMA request to return it to them. I will post my last scan config today.

Thanks again
Old 02-23-2014, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Well here is what has been going on. 3 weeks for Innovate to check out the LC1 controller/O2/Serial cable. They replaced the Controller. I also purchased the Serial adapter from them. I uploaded the drivers and still no luck using it with Windows 8. I was able to get it to work on an old lap top Windows XP. I redid all my grounds and power and was able to get it talking to HP and Adjust the LC1 Controller using the Tuning School Video. I must have 30 Hrs hooking this up. All I can say is never again I'll use a NGK.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ngk does not have half the function of the lc1, but does use a better sensor. I honestly like the lm1/lc1 better. But for so.e reason the programmer software sucks as you experienced. Once you find a converter that works it still may not work with the programmer but should do well with the logger. Not sure what the issue is? But once running it has always been a dependable wideband for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LC-1 programer Help Please