Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob to tuning, been reading for 4 days, hptuners

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob to tuning, been reading for 4 days, hptuners

First question I have is should I run 2 wideband o2 sensors on my 02 camaro for tuning and permanent install or should I run a wideband just to tune and then go back with narrow bands. My car is already speed density tuned but due to having to pull the engine it will be getting cam, headers, and other little goodies, so will need re tuned. My other question is where could I wire in a signal for wideband if I don't purchase hptuners pro? I have searched and since I live in the south a/c switch isn't an option and my car didn't have egr.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

I would install 1 - wideband permanently in the proper placement of your exhaust.

Have you looked at NGK Wideband on Amazon?
I recommend getting HPTuners pro, otherwise you would have to get some kind of external input to USB device to read in the voltage.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Teching In

So where would correct placement of the wideband be then? Sorry as I said noob.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Ok figured out a decent question, after reading many pin outs is pin 55 on the ecm in my 02 ss what is considered egr? Also since my car didn't have egr can I wire into there and use it for wideband? I'm sorry to sound stupid.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Teching In

1. I always put my Widebands on passenger side of LSx motors. due to fuel rail design, the passenger side tends to run a little leaner at higher RPM's. I just feel it is a little safer to tune off the lean bank. As far as placement goes in the pipe. a good rule of thumb is about where the stock O2s are and always before the cats. In some cases I will leave the stock rear 02 bungs in after removing the cats (offroad use only) and just use that location. Its best to keep the bung location clocking somewhere between 10 and 2 oclock so that no moisture can collect in wideband 02 sensor when sitting.

2. Get Hptuners Pro

3. Why do you have a speed density tune?

Quick Reply: Noob to tuning, been reading for 4 days, hptuners