Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MEFI connectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Back in the staging lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MEFI connectors

I have a 69 Camaro with an LS2 which has a MEFI style connector and computer. I believe it was tuned with mefiburn. Is anyone familiar with this system? Is it worth buying this tuning software or should I look into switching it over to an OBDII system and using hp tuners? Thanks.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

It's a pos. Software is overpriced and ancient. Sell it for what you can get out of it and go to McDonald's with the cash. Seriously there are far better systems out there for less $$$. Stock or aftermarket you would be miles ahead. Just Google MEFI. Problems to see what I mean.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We use those computers all the time. There is nothing wrong with them. They are easy to tune and work very well. Sure they don't have many options, but they will run an engine just fine. The downside is the cost of the software. Most companies put a lock on the computer and require you to buy there software. That is what we do. It would probably be cheaper to buy the software rather then a new computer, harness and software for the new computer. Let me know if you need the MEFI setup!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like a efi ecu is $1000 on your website. How much is the software, and tuning cable? I can get a new ls2 harness, used ecu and software for that alone. I have had several customers who have had returned their mefi ecu back for retuned several times and gave up and went with other options. I just don't see any one having even fair luck with a mefi ecu on a stock much less a modified engine.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Back in the staging lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the painless harness LS2 is ~$900. Plus computer to for the swap. I've already got hp tuners but I would need to buy the software and harness to program the MEFI setup. It's just seems like I'm really limited on this setup. If I need to take it to someone to check it out, I don'tkknow of anyone need who uses this hardware.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check out current performance ($575 bare bones) or PSI. Theirs are not $900. Current setup is complete and comes with a tuned ECU. Obviously you can build it for much less if you want to convert a used harness. Used harness can be had for $350 or less, ECU $100 and mail order tunes are about $150 or less.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Or order the GM performance controller package for a LS2. It comes with full harness, PCM gas pedal, MAF, and 02s. Then you have a late model gm controller that is fully plug and play and it is programmable with hp tuners etc to work with your particular combo.

Quick Reply: MEFI connectors