PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector Duty Cycle PID

Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Duty Cycle PID

So I purchased HP Tuners Pro along with a NGK AFX wideband and have been playing with the VCM scanner and reading alot trying to learn as much as possible but it's going slowly. One thing that is driving me nuts is why can't I log injector duty cycle using the PID that is allready included in the software under user defined. The function line says [SENS.112]*[SENS.70]/1200 which should be correct, yet when I put this in my table display along with Engine RPM (SAE), INJ. Pulse Width Avg. Bank 1 and INJ. Pulse Width Avg. Bank 2, nothing is displayed. When I try add it to a histogram it tells me it isn't supported with the current loaded parameters. What am I doing wrong? I've searched but nobody else seems to have this problem, maybe I'm missing something stupid.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kylush
So I purchased HP Tuners Pro along with a NGK AFX wideband and have been playing with the VCM scanner and reading alot trying to learn as much as possible but it's going slowly. One thing that is driving me nuts is why can't I log injector duty cycle using the PID that is allready included in the software under user defined. The function line says [SENS.112]*[SENS.70]/1200 which should be correct, yet when I put this in my table display along with Engine RPM (SAE), INJ. Pulse Width Avg. Bank 1 and INJ. Pulse Width Avg. Bank 2, nothing is displayed. When I try add it to a histogram it tells me it isn't supported with the current loaded parameters. What am I doing wrong? I've searched but nobody else seems to have this problem, maybe I'm missing something stupid.
Anything that you want to show up in your graph, you HAVE to have that same PID or SENSOR in the Primary Table, or else the Scanner won't log the required parameters to record. And [SENS.112] is Injector Pulse Width, [SENS.70] is Engine RPM. The function line specifies which sensors are required to be displayed in the Primary Table. The Primary Table is between the Gauges button and the Save Config File button.

Last edited by nvscott5; 03-14-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Well I'm not sure what I was doing wrong before but I got it working now. However the histogram still doesn't work and I thought it was because I needed a VE PID in my main table. So I added the GM Volumetric Efficiency PID and it was spitting out values of over 1200 at idle and the histogram still did not work. What the heck?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Post your .cfg file. And what are you trying to plot IDC against, VE?? Post a log and tune as well so we can see your available PIDs and maybe help you out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Injector Duty Cycle PID