Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curious about EFI Live/ECM options

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curious about EFI Live/ECM options

At some point in the future I plan to build an L92 for my car, but for the meantime I have an 04 GTO motor and T-56. In order for me to even start the engine in my 240sx, I have to have the ECM reflashed to remove all the security garbage. A buddy of mine paid $100 for a EFI Live flash and the car runs great, but he didn't get the actual software to modify his own ECM. Basically I wanna buy the whole shebang so I can make changes in the ECM myself so that way I can get the GTO motor running and later down the road I'll be able to make the changes for the L92 without paying somebody. I'd like to be able to make changes to my buddy's GTO ECM as well, if that's possible.

I'm also wondering about the 2 different reluctor wheels between the 2 engines. Will I be able to change the program to read the L92 reluctor wheel with the GTO ECM, or will I have to get the stroker kit with the GTO reluctor wheel?
Old 04-18-2014, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

EFILive:
- you will be able to turn off vehicle anti-theft;
- you will not be able to change reluctor(s);

To run GenIV engine (58x/4x) on a GenIII PCM (24x/1x) you would have to use the LPE converter module, or physically replace the crank/cam reluctors.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Feel free to call if you have any EFI Live questions or need anything EFI Live related.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Teching In

I'll probably take you up on that offer. Getting pretty close to getting the engine in so I need to be thinking about ECM options.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Where's the best place to get EFI Live without going to them directly? They're in New Zealand right? Anyone with any deals?
Old 04-28-2014, 03:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ducatisl
Where's the best place to get EFI Live without going to them directly? They're in New Zealand right? Anyone with any deals?
We are a dealer for EFI Live and offer free shipping. EFI Live is $899 from no matter where you buy it. We do offer discounts on tunes if you purchased EFI Live from us. Give us a call if you want more information.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

I may need some help, academically speaking, in making the thought/process conversion over. That said, can I cut and paste injector-related HP Tuner tables straight over into EFI Live?
Old 04-28-2014, 06:36 PM
FormerVendor

There are very few tables you can cut and paste from HPT to EFI because most of the tables axis are flip flopped from each other. Also not all the tables use the same format as the other software. It can be done its just not a simple copy and paste process though.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

I'll try and get off work early tomorrow and call. Need to pick your brain on using EFI Live to tune for dry nitrous setup. Assume you have the Flashscan V2's in stock?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

LSX Power Tuning, thanks for chatting with me just now and setting me straight on what EFI Live can and can't do. Weather is horrible here in the panhandle so doesnt' surprise me the call got dropped. Your turbo shop car with the Holley Dominator EFI setup sounds like an awesome setup btw. Any links of it's build in this or YB forum?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ducatisl
LSX Power Tuning, thanks for chatting with me just now and setting me straight on what EFI Live can and can't do. Weather is horrible here in the panhandle so doesnt' surprise me the call got dropped. Your turbo shop car with the Holley Dominator EFI setup sounds like an awesome setup btw. Any links of it's build in this or YB forum?
Yeah no problem, glad I could help. No build thread on it yet. As it gets closer to being finished Im sure one will be made. The car is at Midwest Chassis right now being completely redone from the ground up.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

The EFILive tunetool has a subtool for transposing any table you require to flop (goto Conversions tab).
Old 04-30-2014, 08:32 PM
FormerVendor

That doesnt help if the tables dont have the same scaling or use same format. You can transpose some tables but not all.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ah, if axis scale is different then there is no subtool for rescaling it.

Quick Reply: Curious about EFI Live/ECM options