PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making a custom LTIT+STIT pid but math coming up wrong, can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Making a custom LTIT+STIT pid but math coming up wrong, can you help?

I have the custom PID to add STIT and LTIT together. I'm adding supported PIDs PID.2229 and PID.2240 in a formula [PID.2229]+[PID.2240] which based on my math based on the data in the screenshot equals .038 lb/min. However my custom PID's math seems to have been from a different school of thought as it's showing .29 lb/min. All units of measure are the same so is there anywhere else a custom PID could pull data from other than the PID's used? Is it possible that despite me thinking my STIT and LTIT PID data displayed in the table are correct that they are using some type of other airflow adder somewhere else under the hood that I'm not seeing? IE Idle adapt (STIT) Shows .019 in the table but the actual PID.2240 data is something different due to some adder? I've circled the pertinent data to make it easier to see what i'm seeing.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dave
Old 05-03-2014, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a bit of an ah ha moment I figured it out. Maybe it'll help someone else who is pulling their hair out. Despite the table stating it was displaying lb/min. as the unit of measure it was actually in g/sec. I changed my formula to reflect this. [PID.2229.LB/MIN]+[PID.2240.LB/MIN]. All is well now. After all was said and done I did change my editor to view g/sec and changed the table and my PIDs to g/sec just for the bit better resolution you'll get.

Dave

Last edited by TT_Vert; 05-03-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Making a custom LTIT+STIT pid but math coming up wrong, can you help?