Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will not run well on anything but TR55s

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Will not run well on anything but TR55s

The engine is a perimeter bolt head 97-98 vette LS1 swapped into an s10. I have made quite a few adjustments to the calibration with great success and it runs phenominal on TR55 plugs. I threw in a Zex fogger kit and TR6 plugs prior to researching and learning about the BR7ES plug. Started and ran fine, I went to spray the nitrous and it immediately started misfiring and then never would go away after. Pulled plugs, checked compression, everything good, put back in TR55 plugs and everything was back to normal. I put in the BR7ES plugs this morning, ran great to work, then went to spray nitrous after work and it started misfiring and wont go away since....I dont get it. I have put stock ignition dwell tables back in to be sure....played with my timing maps....im stumped. It is now misfiring mostly at idle and off idle and at high load, low RPM. I dont want to spray with TR55 plugs but thats the only thing that runs well. Btw the TR55 plugs at gapped at 0.054 and the BR7ES at at 0.034 in. What do you fellow mother gentlemen think?

Quick Reply: Will not run well on anything but TR55s