Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

silly tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default silly tuning question

okay so this is my first turbo setup and im not a tuner so someone please clarify for me. im keeping the MAF and NOT GOING speed density. is it still necessary to get the 2 bar MAP sensor for the car or is that only for speed density route?? thanks
Old 05-27-2014, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can run MAF only if you wanted. You just end up having to scale things. Are you planning MAF pre or post turbo? If it's post you'll need a MAP I believe. If it's pre, you'll have to run a really big tube to keep from pegging the MAF.

Ideally, you'd want a 2 bar (assuming less than ~15lb of boost) and the MAF. Most custom OS's for a 2 or 3 bar MAP are SD only.

End of the day it all depends on what your tuner is willing to put up with or capable of.

Out of curiosity, why are you set on keeping the MAF?
Old 05-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im keeping it only because i have seen some satisfied people who have kept the MAF on turbo cars. at the end of the day i want to be as much of a street car as anything. i dont mind getting the 2 bar i just didnt know if it was only a speed density thing or not. and all i know is the tuner will be using HP. the MAF is behind the turbo almost like the factory location.

Quick Reply: silly tuning question