PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you upload a tune from another car if both are licensed on same computer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you upload a tune from another car if both are licensed on same computer?

I am trying to upload my tune on to my Fiances car. They are both licensed on my HPtuners but it won't let me upload mine directly to it. I was wondering if it is possible so I don't have to copy everything over which takes forever lol.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hit the differences and copy them over or do a write entire to the other pcm. Copying really doesn't take that long.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

write entire
Old 06-11-2014, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrdlife
I am trying to upload my tune on to my Fiances car. They are both licensed on my HPtuners but it won't let me upload mine directly to it. I was wondering if it is possible so I don't have to copy everything over which takes forever lol.
You age getting some bad advise (write entire) without knowing a lot more details about both cars.

And again another typical I want help thread without so much as a mention on the year and make of cars. Do you really think all vehicle pcms and calibrations are the same and all you have to say is car?
Old 06-11-2014, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
You age getting some bad advise (write entire) without knowing a lot more details about both cars.

And again another typical I want help thread without so much as a mention on the year and make of cars. Do you really think all vehicle pcms and calibrations are the same and all you have to say is car?
I'm sure if he's copying everything over then it's safe to assume its the same car with the same mods. don't get your panties in a wad. he asked if there was a quicker way to copy everything over. If he blows up his fiances car because the MAF curve or VE table aren't adequate then that's on him. I'm sure he's a big boy and knows the risks.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He said nothing about copying everything over. He asked about loading a tune to a vehicle. You keep giving your write entire advice without knowing what the vehicles are then. Carry on.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1

Yes I assumed he was going to put it in the same type of vehicle. IE 2002 A4 Camaro to the same or different year but same mods.

Quick Reply: How do you upload a tune from another car if both are licensed on same computer?