Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoam threw a p0327 on my 98 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Seafoam threw a p0327 on my 98 t/a

So I seafoamed thru the main vacuum hose via brake booster... car was fine to begin with just did it for ***** n giggles before I change my plugs. Car is tuned and has the sensitivity for knock sensors turned down, but not off. After driving for about 10 min, the SES popped on. I pulled the code up with my hand held diablo and then erased it. Started the car up back to back, no problems. I'm changing my plugs bc they are a tad dirty, but I've been having cold start problems like if my fuel pump was going bad, but i have plenty of psi. Car did sit for 2 weeks and battery had been weak enough to die and had to get a replacement (I thought that was the could start issue, a weak battery, but not the case here)

SO... my question really, has anyone caused a knock sensor issue from seafoaming their car?
Old 06-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say its low volt to fuel pump, since not being driven for 2 weeks. (Low battery power) i myself had just seafoamed my car, same process, no codes thrown here.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by high n dry
I'd say its low volt to fuel pump, since not being driven for 2 weeks. (Low battery power) i myself had just seafoamed my car, same process, no codes thrown here.
it has a new battery, then threw the code again which is low voltage knock sensor bank 1. engine has 160k so they are just about fried i'm guessing...

and seafoaming and code might have just been a coincident

Quick Reply: Seafoam threw a p0327 on my 98 t/a