PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tuning advice ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tuning advice ASAP

Hey guys! So this weekend I am installing the SLP SuperCharger on my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro. I am going to run the canned tune for a few weeks while I save for an intake and a custom tune.

Now, I have the BBK Shorty Headers and the V Max Throttle Body that will be on the car still while running the canned tune. I have had several people and also a few tuners tells that it is perfectly fine to run those with the canned tune just don't go race with it lol.

So I just wanted to double check if there are any professional tuners on here if you would also agree that the BBK shorty headers and the vmax throttle body are ok with the canned tune. Thanks in advance guys!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Where did the can tune come from?

Do you have any other mods? Such as heads or cam?

Do you have a wideband gauge to watch to make sure you dont go lean?

In my opinion your bbk headers and v max throttle body are not going to be the concern. Your car is able to adjust for those with a stock tune.

The fact that you are going to a supercharger drastically changes your tune/cars needs. Canned tunes are best used.... well... better if you dont when you get into modding these motors past bolt ons.

This is just my opinion, I am no expert, and others may advise differently. Just thought I would share what I've learned.

I personally would use the canned tune to limp to the dyno tuner. Stay out of the throttle as much as possible. Watch your wideband if you have one.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:13 AM

Default Canned Tune

Sorry about that I didn't make that clear. It's the canned tune that comes with the slp supercharger install. I bought the whole slp kit so it comes with a preprogrammed tune. Yeah it's only bolt on small mods like the v Max throttle body and BBK shorty headers. I'm positive that it's fine and have been told but I wanted a second opinion
Old 07-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Ahhh... ok. Canned tune that came with the supercharger and bolt on stock car with shorties you should be fine. I would still recommend getting a wideband to monitor your AFR. And would still recommend a tune or at least getting a logger on there to see what is going on after the install.

If your check engine light comes on after install and you run a scan on it and it is the engine knock sensor - you are definitely lean.

Start with light throttle. Go from there. Good luck and congrats!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:59 PM

Ok great! Thanks for the advice man! Installing this week and will be doing the custom tune on the 30th. So not to far out, I'll just be easy on the throttle until tuning can be done (that's going to be so hard to do lol)...

Quick Reply: Need tuning advice ASAP