PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgraded to latest version of HP tuners - Now missing Ignition Timing Advance in Scan

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgraded to latest version of HP tuners - Now missing Ignition Timing Advance in Scan

Hey guys,

I posted this over at HP tuners site, but realized they are out until the 21st, so thought maybe someone here might have an idea.

I recently upgraded HP tuners to the latest version on my laptop, and now when scanning my 2000 C5 the Ignition Timing Advance is now coming up as an unsupported parameter.

I have tried to close, reboot, even reflashed the car... And am currently at a loss. I have also tried to reconfigure the histograms and tables, with no luck.

Added: Have also clear last used vehicle, in which case it shows back up in the table until I connect to the car.

I have not performed a write entire, but had not performed once since my OS update. The problem just presented after upgrading.

Any ideas??

-Mike
Old 07-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I have seen this listed in other forums with no answers -

I received a reply from Bill @ HP Tuners and it solved my issue:

close all programs
go to your documents-hptuners-vcm scanner-vehicles folder and delete all the .os files in this folder
close folder
reopen scanner
reconnect
vcm will repoll for the available pids and should fix your issue.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for posting the solution.

Quick Reply: Upgraded to latest version of HP tuners - Now missing Ignition Timing Advance in Scan