PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

efi live saving screen shots ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 03:35 AM
etc

Default efi live saving screen shots ?

can someone tell me how too save a screen shot on efi live so i can e-mail it to allen nelson ? thanks for any help. eric
Old 05-21-2004, 04:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

press shift-print screen then save as image file.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:31 PM
etc

thanks deezel i'll give it a try, e
Old 05-22-2004, 02:30 AM
TECH Regular

try saving/pasting it into an image editor - paint, photoshop
Old 05-23-2004, 03:45 AM
etc

ok, maybe that will work better. on the data page, if i paste it onto a spreadsheet program will it line up the columns correctly or just arbitrarily. i ask because the os i'm using is completly barebones, i did'nt want anymore programs to give me trouble then necessary. if it will work i'll put excel or something similar in my laptop.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:38 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by etc
ok, maybe that will work better. on the data page, if i paste it onto a spreadsheet program will it line up the columns correctly or just arbitrarily. i ask because the os i'm using is completly barebones, i did'nt want anymore programs to give me trouble then necessary. if it will work i'll put excel or something similar in my laptop.
deezel is correct about how to save a "Screen shot" but it appears you are asking about how to send the logged data to someone else for analysis.

If you want to send the log file data to someone else for analysis you have two options:

1. Send the *.efi log file and the EFILive software as well. That way the person can run EFILive and load in your log file and "see" exactly what you see.
This option requires that the person to whom you send the data, is familiar with how to use EFILive - or has the time to learn.

or

2. Export the logged data to a *.csv file that can be read directly into Excel, including column headings, units and whatever PIDs you have selected.
This option is probably more useful if you are sending the data to someone who is more comfortable using Excel to analyse data.

Use the Excel icon in the toolbar, or use the menu option "File->Export logged data".

To use the export option you do not need to have Excel on your computer. The person that you send the exported file to needs to have Excel.

Regards
Paul
Old 05-23-2004, 08:15 PM
etc

thanks paul, funny i was about to go to your website and ask you. did'nt know you were on this site. you answered my next question ; can i send someone the software and can they use it to review files, cool, i'll see if he wants to deal with that, if not he'll be able to open the csv file with excel. that's what i needed. btw i must be doing something wrong because when i press shift/ print screen, it does'nt do anything.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by etc
tbtw i must be doing something wrong because when i press shift/ print screen, it does'nt do anything.
When you press Shift+PrintScreen, you won't notice anything. All that happens is that Windows takes a "snapshot" of the screen and puts the data on the Windows Clipboard. You can then use any graphic application's "Paste" option to paste the screen image into the graphic application. (i.e. Paintbrush, Photoshop etc)

The Shift+PrintScreen is a feature of Windows - not EFILive. It can be used to capture the screen image anytime.

Regards
Paul
Old 05-24-2004, 07:51 PM
etc

oh, i was waiting for a dialog box to pop up, i will try that. another question paul, i just sent allen the program [i think], i sent the efiv6 executable [a little over 2mb] is that enough of the file for him to run the logs for reveiw ? or did i need to send the whole 5+ mb file ? . thanks for your help, e
Old 05-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Restricted User

You can't just send the executable file from your laptop.
The easiest way is to have the other person download the EFILive software directly from our downloads page: www.efilive.com/downloads
then install it on whichever PC/laptop they would like to use.

The download version is smaller than the CD version because the CD version also contains the latest Windows Installation program - just in case the PC does not have the latest Windows Installer.

Regards
Paul