Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new hptuners with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new hptuners with a few questions

Hey guys, just got my hpt pro today, car is a stock 02 z28 auto that has stock tune, Ive never tuned anything with software but plenty with a jet kit and screw driver, after data logging i noticed that during wot shift timing drops to -10, im guessing this is due to abuse mode or torque management, is there a performance gain by turning off these option or is the timing drop necessary, thanks
Old 08-01-2014, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

yes, but read up and try to learn how everything you're about to change works before doing it. its easy to cause problems that you chase for a long time. i've done it alot.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im also new to the tuning world, i kinda was wondering the same thing. I've been playing around with the trans options n such. Just havent seemed to find a happy spot yet.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tashspop
yes, but read up and try to learn how everything you're about to change works before doing it. its easy to cause problems that you chase for a long time. i've done it alot.
from what im gathering i dont want to completely disable torque management, but its dropping like 30 degrees timing and dropping fuel too, ive figured out how to ajust the timing and reduced it by 50% but im baffled on the fuel, how do i limit the amount of fuel it drops during shifts?
Old 08-01-2014, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

post up the tune and a log if you have one. Have you looked at the IAT spark table?
Old 08-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
post up the tune and a log if you have one. Have you looked at the IAT spark table?
mistake on my part, what i thought was a fuel cut during shift turned out to be hitting the rev limit before shifting, i done some more logging and never seen the drop again, then i remembered that it had hit the limiter when i done that log, newb mistake i only got my hpt setup yesterday, thanks for the offer to help im sure ill need it in the very near future

Quick Reply: new hptuners with a few questions