Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI

Timing maps

Old 09-01-2014, 08:43 PM

Default Timing maps

I have a 2008 4.8L LS engine. I am trying to build a ECU from scratch using a micro controller. I have the ignition and injection working in a test config (using a function generator as the CKP and a logic analyzer to monitor the signals). Before I hook it up I wanted to write the mapping algorithms. However, I'm not sure what to plug into the break-points. I am currently using a linear function. No real mapping to speak of. Where can I get the proper info for a 4.8L?

Thank you.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

When you say break points? Not sure what you mean. Stock computer plots timing with RPM vs Cylinderairmass. Most aftermarket computers use RPM vs manifold pressure. There are lots of "break points" if by break point you mean commanded changes in timing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Timing maps

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: