Sponsored by:

new motor install bank 2 O2's. no connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:04 PM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new motor install bank 2 O2's. no connectivity

I've taken a good o2 and connected it to the front and rear connector on bank 2. The o2 heater works but it shows as its not connected or reading at all. Any ideas? I've checked the harness and I've jumped to ground . No change in voltage readings.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:07 PM
MFJ
11 Second Club

The rear o2s are tuned out but I can see the voltage on them. No change .45v
Old 09-09-2014, 08:05 AM
MFJ
11 Second Club

So a little more detail since I was under the car on my phone typing this last night.

Like I stated, P0154 code is coming up. I have chased the wiring and found no issues with chafing or coming into contact with the headers and burning the harness. I took a new O2 sensor (which I know is good) and connected it and have the same results. No connectivity. My scan tool is reading .45v on the sensors all the time. The heater works on the o2 when you plug it up but it's not reading.

I also brought the car to high idle for about 30 seconds and still no change. In closed loop it is not switching voltage either.

Any ideas on the next step? It has to be something easy that I;m overlooking or maybe the pcm itself?
Old 09-10-2014, 06:52 AM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Pulled the wiring out of the harness yesterday. No breaks in the wiring. Ohm'd out fine. So I put it all back together and watched the live data while driving. It shows no ST fuel trims but LT fuel trims are bank1 12.8 and bank2 14.2 this was around 2200 rpm cruising. When I would come to a complete stop all that data went away.

I'm stumped. If it's not reading the o2 how is the fuel trim data showing up?

Anyone?

Quick Reply: new motor install bank 2 O2's. no connectivity