Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

been a while. help me get on the right track. hptuners

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default been a while. help me get on the right track. hptuners

hey there, long story short, took a few years off from racing and my car sat in pieces. fast forward to now, the car is all back together and ready to start. just needs a basemap.
i have hp tuners and will be logging WB through the EGR circuit in PCM.

the engine is pretty much a cam only setup with boltons and vic jr manifold.
i am running a 2000 camaro pcm that has had the OS updated to that of a 2002 camaro. i dont have the speed density enhancement, but i will be tuning the car OLSD. its a drag/nitrous car, so no oxygen sensors.

now i have a few concerns:

1. running 2002 OS, but i have 2000 injectors. i believe there are four tables that need to be switched over from one calibration to the other. but other than flow rate i am uncertain which ones.

2. should i set the target lambda to 1.00 across the board to start tuning VE or do i leave the stock table in? or do i enrich a bit to be on the safe side?

3. leave the stock spark tables in? or remove a few degrees from entire table?

4. i have an aeromotive a1000 and adjustable FPR and will be running the injectors at a constant 60psi. do i have to do anything different to the injector tables to compensate for a non oem style fuel system?

at this point, i just want a basemap to be able to start the car and test for problems/setup wideband. it is not registered for the street, so the only tuning i will be doing will be idle and no load for the time being.

im also curious if i will have erratic o2 readings at idle/low rpm because of my slip on collectors. because of the design they will leak a little no matter what.

any help or links to steer me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

-Mag
Old 09-19-2014, 10:46 AM
Teching In

1. Copy everything under the injector control column. Also the min fuel milligrams under the transient fuel tab. Make sure you're on advanced view so you can see all the tables.

2. Safest is to set it to .87 or so everywhere, as long as you log commanded and measured lambda together it doesn't really matter.

3. Removing a few degrees is prudent (or copy low octane table to high).

4. Stock system is ~58 psi gauge pressure (not manifold referenced) so you should be ok with the stock tables (i think by constant you mean non manifold referenced).
Old 09-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the advice maf diver!

i believe i understand what youre saying regarding logging lambda error. instead of aiming for stoich, aim for the range the engine will be operating in the majority of the time. as long as you get the error% as close to zero as possible, the VE table will be shaped correctly.

but wouldnt i want idle to be around stoich?

what about the transition from idle to cruise? cruise to PE?
since it is a drag car, it will only really idle, put around the lanes, be foot braked or t-braked at the line and go WOT.

in OLSD, since the MAF is tripped, does the PCM automatically resort to the low octane spark table?

as far as the fuel pressure, yes, i did mean non manifold referenced. i might even run them at 70 psi, to see if i can get a little more out of the factory injectors. i believe in hptuners they will give you a new flow rate if you input a higher psi, but not sure what else.

thanks for the help so far.
im kind of hesitant to start the car till i can set more things correctly. im a worrier and dont want to mess anything up.

i still need to configure my wideband through hptuners for logging lambda correction.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

anybody?
Old 10-06-2014, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not really much help, but I wouldn't bother with the stock injectors. Mine were hitting 96% when I was only "bolt-ons", stock internals.

Quick Reply: been a while. help me get on the right track. hptuners